Not Engaged Yet

Didn't need the Chicken Cake

So, yesterday I thought BF went shopping for my birthday presents, he was gone for like, 10 hours and I was so incredibly bored.Then, last night he couldn't sleep, and said he was going to give me one of my birthday presents today. But my birthday isn't until next week, and I said I could wait, but he insisted.So, when I came downstairs this morning, ready to go shopping for our friends' baby shower gift, he made me close my eyes.Then he ran around making all kinds of noises- opening and closing doors, rustling papers, knocking on boxes, flushing a toilet....And then he put a piece of paper in my hands. It was scrap paper from his job, and he'd written a big letter on the back of it (apparently he got up in the middle of the night to do so, since he wasn't sleeping). Blah blah, five years, good and bad, i love you, blah blah (it was really long), one question left to ask....And he got down on one knee, in our living room, and said:"So.... you're gonna marry me.... right?"And opened the ring box. And I said yes, and I cried, and we sat on the floor laughing and me crying, and I said I felt like at any moment some strange guy was going to jump out and say "JUST KIDDING! hahaha!"But nobody did, and we're really engaged. Yay!I'll post a pic of the ring later, it's a 3/4 ct princess cut diamond with little baby diamonds all along the sides. He changed his mind on getting Moissanite. Oh, well... I love it.It's just so funny he couldn't wait once he bought the ring. He says it just felt like he had something really important to do and couldn't relax until it was done, and he didn't think he'd get any sleep all week if he waited to propose.Ta-da!Is this the part where I say "I guess I can't post here anymore"?:D
Anniversary

Re: Didn't need the Chicken Cake

• edited December 2011
    That is so exciting! And sweet! I think I would be the same way if I were a guy.. once I had the ring I wouldn't want to wait. I definitely wouldn't be able to relax.Congratulations. But I really wanted to see somebody make the chicken cake.
  • edited December 2011
    YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pics
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Jeana!!! I think his proposal to you was totally sweet and in the moment. Have fun planning!Oh, and I can't wait to see the beautiful ring!
  • edited December 2011
    We just drank a bottle of champagne and had pizza for dinner to celebrate. Champagne and pizza go surprisingly well together. :)I'll go look for the little cord to transfer my camera pics onto the computer so i can show you guys the ring!
    Anniversary
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    That's so awesome! :) Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet proposal, congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! That's so sweet!
  • nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats jeana! That's an adorable story!  We definitely need pics.
  • edited December 2011
    Aw!! I've been waiting for this one for a while now! I'm so glad you finally got popped! Lol! and I'm glad you dont have to pull your hair out anymore like the rest of us! it kinda gives all us others hope Lol!
  • edited December 2011
    Aw! Congrats! Thats so very exciting! =)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!I am so happy for you!! :-)
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! That's so exciting! And really, so cute that he just couldn't wait :) However, I think you should continue to post here. Don't leave!! (And I know you were kidding about that, just saying though.)
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!! :D That's very awesome for you!! Mojitos!!
  • ast.meghanast.meghan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I love the way he proposed - it was very sweet! Happy Planning!
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's such a great story, congratulations!  It's so sweet that he was so anxious and excited to do it!  :D My guy was cool as a cucumber, and that kinda ticked me off.  :P
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • edited December 2011
    YAY CONGRATS!!!!! Such a cute story!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah Jeana, congrats!  He totally tricked you by not waiting until New Orleans!  That is awesome, love the staying up late to write the letter, so sweet.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Yay my internet sibling is engaged! :) Congrats! I know we're all looking forward to the mojitos in Mexico. ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    [IMG]<a href="http://i30.tinypic.com/qnlamq.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i30.tinypic.com/qnlamq.jpg</a>[/IMG]
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It's a fuzzy cell phone pic, my digital camera transfer cord is missing. :(
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Jeana- CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I don't really post here ever (especially not since I got engaged at the end of June)... not that I feel like I can't post here now that I'm engaged but I never really felt connected with anyone on here. Post mostly on the Baltimore board these days. But anywho I've been a lurker on NEY since about New Years '09 so I remember when you first started posting here on the boards. Every so often I check back on NEY to see who got engaged and whatnot, and I've always been rooting for you to get engaged- I'm so happy for you! Congrats again! Your ring is absolutely beautiful. What a sweet proposal :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    yaaaaaaaaaay! congrats jeana! so sweet he stayed up writing the letter, love it.
  • edited December 2011
    Everything about it was so "him." The scrap paper, the getting up in the middle of the night because he was too excited, the lengthy letter (we're both very wordy), and how he proceeded to explain why he bought the ring he bought and pointing out all the details to me 5 minutes after he asked me to marry him.I so didn't care much about the ring until an hour later. It was like "Seriously? We're REALLY going to get married? REALLY now? Soon? After all this time? You're FINALLY ready? Wow. This is great!"Then it was like, I was standing by a window talking to my grandparents and the ring caught the light and I was like "ooh, sparkles...."And today everyone at work keeps coming up to see my ring and congratulate me and ask for the proposal story.... and I'm TRYING to sit here like a good receptionist and open files... but I feel all foggy. Like, I'm here, but really I'm on cloud 9 somewhere far away.... doing a little happy dance and humming a tune.I can't focus, it's bad. Good thing nobody here cares at all about me working and would rather send me links (via office email, even) to good destination wedding spots or stare into my ring. One of the attorneys cracks me up, she grabbed my hand and looked, then dragged me over to the light and looked more, then held my hand while I told her the proposal story, then showed my hand to someone else, then stared at the diamond and said "It's enormous!" and kept holding my hand... I was kind of worried that she'd never let go.... but she's hilarious like that.What a bizarre day!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It's so pretty!!! I love it! And your co-workers are hilarious! I work with a bunch of guys so no one cares about my ring but I also got engaged about 2 days before I started working there.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hahaha.  The sparkles part is awesome.  I bet you'll still be staring at it a week from now.  It's nice to have something to stare at while typing on a keyboard ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations Jeana :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards