Arizona-Phoenix

NWR: Dylan Update

So about a month ago I shared about my nepher Dylan. It has been awhile now so I wanted to update anyone that was interested. For those of you who don't know Dylan was diagnosed with leukemia (ALL) at 7 weeks old. This is a very aggressive type of leukemia, especially in babies under 90 days. It is EXTREMELY rare (less the 35 cases reported every year). Well Dylan has finished the first part of his journey this Monday. He was discharged from St. Josephs after being living there for the past 8 weeks. He underwent a LOT of chemotherapy. His stay was rocky at times, but overall he did great! He is SO tough at his young age. He is still small for his age but is gaining weight daily. He is almost up to 12 pounds now!The next step of his journey takes him town to Tucson to UMC. He will be living there the next 3 months and undergoing a bone marrow transplant. This will given Dylan the best chance at life. It is risky and just hearing the statistics can be scary, but we know it is in God's hands. It is sad that my nephew and part of my family will be living in Tucson for so long but they are going to be well taken care of. They will be living at the Ronald McDonald house ( great chairty! They allow visiting family, like myself, to stay there for just $15 a night!), and the hospital wing they will be in was made over by extreme makeover home edition awhile back! It is just sad that baby Dylan will not make it to the wedding or be in any wedding pictures. Hopefully he will be stabel enough for his mom to be away for the day. I just wanted to share the update for anyone interested and ask that you continue to pray for Dylan and his parents. To get more information you can visit prayfordylan.com. Thank you!

Re: NWR: Dylan Update

• edited December 2011
    Sending you and your family lots of prayers and positive thoughts. 
  • imshellimshell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at PCH and I was just thinking about you all the other day. The strength of your family is amazing. You are all still in my thoughts & prayers!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the update, my heart goes out to you..........as you said, it is in God's hands........
  • edited December 2011
    Baby Dylan sounds like he's a little fighter. You're family is so strong! I willkeep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you fo rthe update!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards