Illinois
Options

New wedding planner

Hello girls! I wanted to let everyone know that I am trying to start up and getting my business running. I have been an aspiring wedding planner for many years and I feel like it is the right time in my life to start building my career. I am looking for any internships, or assistant and also willing to plan and coordinate events for little to no cost. Thanks for reading girls!!Brittany

Re: New wedding planner

• Options
    jewelz4360jewelz4360 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area are you willing to go to?
  • Options
    brittany_fannbrittany_fann member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am willing to travel within Central and Southern Illinois. What area are you in?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peoria
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the shortness, I'm at work!!  I am in Peoria, my weddings in three weeks so I'm sure it probably wouldn't work out for you, I was just curious because I have a really tight budget and my wedding is a little complicated, so with no coordinator I'm scrambling trying to figure out how the day of is going to go...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well that is coming up close! And yes, I would be willing to travel to Peoria if interested. But it is something we could work out for sure. How bout you shoot me an email today and we can talk more about it. brittany_fann@hotmail.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister in law have decided to do this as well. We do it on a small small scale now but now with my wedding over we have decided to take it to another level. I live in Mendota- where are you at? It might be tough for you with your wedding coming up, but it could make it all the more fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just so you know. Vendors are not allowed on these boards. Announcing that you are a wedding planner you can get kicked off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I almost said that, but I felt bad because I already told her it was poor etiquette to throw your own engagement party.Good luck with the biz!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't post it anymore....just because I have noticed that vendor posts is one thing that they don't really put up with on here. Some things they're more leniant on, but not this one. You haven't been on here for too long though, so don't feel bad for not knowing. :) Good luck with the biz though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tay, I live in Bethany, IL. About 30 min south of Decatur. Thats awesome you and your sister have started doing weddings. You'll have to shoot me an email and we can talk more about it.And, yep sorry.. didn't realize it was a big deal. Also, as far as proper etiquette in hosting my own engagement party, I didn't know there were much things involved anymore with weddings and such where there is "proper etiquette" So many things have changed about weddings, who pays for what, and so on. Times are a changin :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some things stay the same. An engagement party is something that is thrown in your honor, similar to a wedding shower. It would be a good idea to brush up on etiquette, whether old fashioned or not if you're going to be in the wedding industry.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards