Wedding Etiquette Forum

Job Poll

Re: Pity Party post if you are unemployed..How long have you been looking for a job?How many jobs have you applied for?How many interviews have you been on?What is your highest level of education?What field do you want to work in?If you are employed, are you employed within your field?Are you seeking a better job?

Re: Job Poll

• Me first.. How long have you been looking for a job? 9 monthsHow many jobs have you applied for? about 50How many interviews have you been on? 2What is your highest level of education? Associates, 3 semesters from my BAWhat field do you want to work in? Human Resources, but will take Customer Service or Admin. work.If you are employed, are you employed within your field?Are you seeking a better job?
  • If you are employed, are you employed within your field?  Yes, I have my BS in Accounting and I've been in the field for 10 years now.Are you seeking a better job?  No, although I should be looking for a different job, not necessarily a 'better' job.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • I work in event planning for a rental company, but I have my Bachelors in Chemistry and my Bachelors in Math. Long story short, I can't stand working in the lab anymore. I am considering going back for my Masters in Education. But is it worth it to make like $3 more and hour, if I love what I do now?
  • Since March (6 months) Over 100 positions in about 12 different counties and countless districts One, and I wasn't qualified for that job BA + graduate work (teacher credential) Elementary education
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    How long have you been looking for a job? I was looking for a new job for 4 months while at my last job (hours cut from 40 to 15, possibility id be let go) before I found the one im at nowHow many jobs have you applied for? I averaged 3-4 a dayHow many interviews have you been on? I had 2 interviews, one being the one for my current jobWhat is your highest level of education? I went to college for a business admin course, no clue why.What field do you want to work in? Im undecidedIf you are employed, are you employed within your field? Kind of, I guessAre you seeking a better job? Im happy with my job right now. I am hoping, because my job is so quiet (good pay, not a lot of work or supervision, cant beat that) that I might try to teach myself how to do something useful while there and branch out on my own eventually.
  • If you are employed, are you employed within your field?Yes. I have my BA in Art (Graphic Design) and I do marketing and advertising print design for a commercial real estate firm.Are you seeking a better job?No way. I love my job immensely.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • * Looking for about 5 months *easily 100 applications submitted *Only 1 - I'm so frustrated *almost a PhD *Biomedical research - plenty of jobs in DC & NY but the grant money well is dry out here in the midwest.
  • I've been actively looking for 3 months. I've applied to 60+ jobs. Two 2nd interviews so far. Bachelors Degree. Human Services, Higher Education, or Human Resources
  • rugbybride2,I am getting my BA in Communications and thought of getting my Masters in HR, but right now I can't see getting all that addtl. student loan debt.
  • How long have you been looking for a job? Found a job in July after being out of full-time work since late JanuaryHow many jobs have you applied for? I don't even remember how many I applied forHow many interviews have you been on? I went on 3What is your highest level of education? Bachelor's degreeWhat field do you want to work in? The one I'm in - marketingIf you are employed, are you employed within your field?Are you seeking a better job?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If you are employed, are you employed within your field? I am employed in my field which is call center management. I have made it through a couple rounds of lay offs the last being last Feb, but I feel very lucky my company is doing well in this economy.Are you seeking a better job? We had a pay freeze this year so I have contemplated it but my employer is really trying to make up for that.  What I have learned from them in experience thus far has been worth far more than a raise.  We just hired 15 people and will be hiring another 100 by November.
  • In this town, I've been looking since January.   In general, I've been looking for A full-time job for about two years.Probably 60 or so.Zero since January.JD.Law or non-profit.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I am employed within my field. I'm a tax accountant - I have an accounting degree and am pursuing a professional accounting designation. It's a very good job for my age and experience so I'm not seeking a better job - I just have to put in the time to climb the ladder and make more $$.
  • If you are employed, are you employed within your field? - Yes. Are you seeking a better job? - Not at the moment but I will be looking to relocate within the next 6 months so that should be interesting.
  • If you are employed, are you employed within your field?Not really.  I work in the legal field, but I'm not currently practicing. Are you seeking a better job?Yes, but the legal industry has just gone through a series of layoffs.  Budgets haven't been adjusted to hire more first years or associates.  I've been looking for jobs in other industries, but it's just pretty bleak out there right now.How long have you been looking for a job?For about 6 months.How many jobs have you applied for?Probably about 80How many interviews have you been on?None.What is your highest level of education?Juris Doctor
  • How long have you been looking for a job? ---literally 3 days... I only got my work visa for Panama last week (yay!) How many jobs have you applied for? ---it's a little different here... knowing someone has a lot more value than simply applying. That being said I've got prspects for 2 jobs right now. How many interviews have you been on? ---we will see how the prospects work out. What is your highest level of education? ---bachelor of commerce, marketing major What field do you want to work in? ---I'd love to work in marketing, although my work background is in finance.
  • Today was my first day on my new job, but I'll answer most of these questions about my very recent job search. 1.  I started looking in March of this year and finally got something at the end of July.2.  I applied for at least fifty jobs, but probably more.3.  I went on three interviews.4.  I have a bachelors degree.5.  Any one that fit my bachelors degree. I am definitely employed in my field, and I do not want a better job.
  • The top portion is for DH:How long have you been looking for a job? about 10 monthsHow many jobs have you applied for?  TonsHow many interviews have you been on? 4What is your highest level of education? Juris DoctorWhat field do you want to work in? Law - litigationIf you are employed, are you employed within your field? Part time at a coffee shopAre you seeking a better job?  Yes, looking for a legal job.For me:If you are employed, are you employed within your field? Yes, I am a tax attorneyAre you seeking a better job?  Not at the moment.  I am very tired and work a lot of hours but I love learning about tax law (I'm a dork :) )
  • Haha January - I find it interesting too but don't like to admit it! Do you have an accounting background or did you specialize in tax later on?
  • jnorth- I've been contemplating my masters and teaching what I have my Bachelors in, but I like what I do now even though its so far from what I went to school for. And I have a great salary. . . tough decision.
  • Miss CM - I majored in finance. :)  I worked as an auditor for a bank holding company before I went to law school, so this kind of thing is right up my alley.  You said you're an accountant, right?  I really wish I would have majored in accounting in undergrad because it would have been much more helpful in my current job. 
  • If you are employed, are you employed within your field?Are you seeking a better job?bachelors in social work. employed in field, working as behavior health professional case worker.... not looking for a new job right now because its perfect hours for me, but I am going to graduate school currently and will deff be looking for another job post graduation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How long have you been looking? -2 months How many jobs applied for? -6 How many interviews? -0 Highest level of education? -Associates, working towards bachelors in elementary education What field do I want to work in? -education
  • I've been lurking for awhile, but I figured I would post here first! I hope everyone searching out there gets what they need soon, I can't believe how tough and saturated it is out there, I was incredibly lucky, and like others said, I got my job because of someone I knew.How long have you been looking for a job? I was on the job hunt for 8 daysHow many jobs have you applied for? I applied for at least 30 in those eight daysHow many interviews have you been on? I went on one interviewWhat is your highest level of education? I graduate in December with my BS in Gerontology, Long Term Care AdminWhat field do you want to work in? GeriatricsIf you are employed, are you employed within your field? I was hired last Friday as an Admin Assistant for a Nursing Home Facility near meAre you seeking a better job? Not at the moment, but I am excited about the opportunities that I have within this company, although I would love to be with a national elder care chain rather than a state wide, but all in due time
  • Oh man...my post didn't look like such a wall of text when i wrote it (stupid bold!) I was unemployed a year ago, so I'll answer both!How long have you been looking for a job? I looked for probably about 5 months. Looked full time for a little over two months.How many jobs have you applied for? I would say I applied for over 100...at least. I spent a lot of time and effort on at least 30-40 applications, and sent more generic cover letters to a lot of places on careerbuilder, monster, etc where I didn't really expect to get a hit anyway.How many interviews have you been on? I had two face-to-face interviews and I think three phone interviews.What is your highest level of education? Master of ScienceWhat field do you want to work in? I want to work with animals. However, my degree is in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, so not anything animal related whatsoever.If you are employed, are you employed within your field? Sort of. I work for a company that does educational research. The skills I learned earning my degree transfer to this job, but the field is different than I expected. My degree is workplace related, not education.Are you seeking a better job? Not currently, but I will in a few years. I need to get some solid experience first. I am underemployed (IMO) and earn far less than I expected to when I signed up for the whole "masters degree" thing. If i had understood that this was the job/salary i'd get, and how much debt i'd accrue, i never would have gotten my MS.... so anyway, I need to eventually get a better job in order to make the MS relatively worth it.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • January - yes, I'm a public accountant but I specialize in tax. I do work in our audit department in Jan/Feb for the big year end audits though. An accounting undergrad might have been helpful for you, but then again I often wish I had a stronger background in finance during some of my audits, so I guess there's always more to learn.. :/
  • I'm doing this for my husband. -Since January (7 months) -He's really specialized, so probably 10-15 -one -masters degree in electrical engineering -electrical engineering. specifically design work. he was in school until May... so he's only been freaking out about not having a job 3 months.
  • I am employed in my field. I have a dual BA in Geography and Urban Studies and a Masters in Urban Planning. I work for a geographic information systems software company consulting  government clients on technology implementation. I am not seeking a better job, I love what I do and who I work for. And I love geography. I've thought about going back to school for a PhD in economic geography, and really more education is the only way I'll change my job as of now.
  • How long have you been looking for a job? I was actively searching from the beginning of February to late-April. How many jobs have you applied for? A lot! I lost track after about 20. How many interviews have you been on? I went to 1 interview, and got hired to a different job without an interview. What is your highest level of education? 1 year towards my BA. What field do you want to work in? Ultimately, probably Social Work or maybe HR. I'm working on my BA in Arts & Business (majoring in pre-social work, specializing in HR) If you are employed, are you employed within your field? I am now employed, but it's just summer work in AR, so not really in my field, but kind of. Are you seeking a better job? Well, I will be come September (I finish this job then, too), when I apply for my first work term which is in January. I'm hoping for a social services job of some kind.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • I am employed. Submersed in my field. I love it. Best ever.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards