Registry and Gift Forum

Address for gifts?

We are getting married out of state in my hometown.  I've heard that a lot of people will buy a wedding gift and mail it to you once they receive your wedding invitation, as opposed to bringing a gift to the wedding. We would like any mailed gifts to be sent to my parents' house where the wedding is taking place because 1) we aren't home during the day to sign for/receive any packages (any left outside our apartment will likely get stolen) and 2) we don't really have room for the gifts in our small apartment and we plan on moving soon. What is the best way to let guests know that any gifts they would like to mail should be sent to my parents' house?  Is the return address on the wedding invitation the same address people typically mail gifts to?  Or should we not say anything at the risk of sounding gift-grabby? TIA!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Address for gifts?

• Your registry should have an address associated with it.  That's the one people will send the gifts to, so make sure it is your parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto Dani. The stores you register at will normally ship the gift to the address on your registry for free so people don't have to pay to ship or bring it with them to the wedding. We did this and had everything delivered to MIL's house.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Okay, got it.  We haven't registered for anything yet so I'm not sure how registries work.  Thanks danieliza!
  • Thank you too waltzingmatilda :)  Guess I have a lot to learn about registries haha.

• Also, I see you're in NY. Is your wedding in NY? If so, most people are going to give you a card with a check/cash inside at your wedding. I've never been to a wedding in NY/NJ/CT where anyone brought actual gifts.
    imageimageimage
  • Nope, we live in NY but are getting married out of state.  Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards