Massachusetts

The Delaney House?

My fiancé and I are leaning towards holding our reception in the Grand Salon Room at the Delaney House in Holyoke, MA.  We would appreciate any feedback, recommendations, or warnings about this reception site.Thanks! And congratulations to the Brides to Be!!

Re: The Delaney House?

• Shoefly21Shoefly21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    that's where were having our wedding! I just love how classy & sleek everything is! Other bonuses were the hotel right next door & the pricing. They start at $45/guest & you add on only what you want. We have been working with Peter one of the owners & he's been great. One of my friends had her wedding there a few years ago & loved everything about it. Congrats & hood luck with your planning!
    Our beautiful engagement pictures imageMy Bio... returning from hiatus
  • edited December 2011
    The food there is amazing!! I just ate there for the first time a couple weekends ago.
  • sherwrightsherwright member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im at TLC but ate at Delaney in May for our food tasting.  Yummy.... and the cake.... nom, nom, nom......
  • mgorz126mgorz126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did anyone have anything they liked better or worse at delaney vs. log cabin? (I'm looking at these, as well).
  • edited December 2011
    hi congrats on the engagement! i just got married out in western mass almost 3 weeks ago so let me know if you need any suggestions for other vendors! we were so happy with all of ours! i havent been to the delaney for a wedding but i have been to the log cabin- what month are you looking to get married in? the food was good and we had a great time! it does have a beautiful view but there are several other functions going on at the same time there! got married at the garden house at look park in northampton- it was really nice and you can bring in all your own vedors! good luck and let me know if you need suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I too am using the Delaney House for our January 2nd wedding (as a matter of fact, today is our food tasting!) - I cannot say enough about the individual attention that I have received so far - FYI - Log Cabin and Delaney are owned by the same people, so I am sure that they are just as great!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Delaney House next friday.They give you great individual attention. They customize everything to the way you want it to make it more personal.  The only difference between the 2 places would be the size of the wedding. The delaney house is good for like smaller weddings. between 0-150. I'm only having 35 guests and it is perfect for an intimate wedding. The Log cabin is better accomadated for larger weddings. But they are both beautiful and I dont think you can wrong either way
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards