Wedding Etiquette Forum

Work related- opinions?

2»

Re: Work related- opinions?

• Jesus is my homeboy.

If I had to guess, I bet Jesus doesn't like super humongous sigs.
  • He probably cringes everytime someone brings his name or his father's name up at an awards show too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_work-related-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:123e2b73-fc13-4c55-9bd8-acacfb86105fPost:d6b162a4-5123-40e1-bf88-bee5f3c4a22c">Re: Work related- opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]. If I had to guess, I bet Jesus doesn't like super humongous sigs.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Ha!
    I see my priest in a few days. I can ask him and clear up all the confusion.
  • Totally unprofessional, but not something I would get worked up about. 

The locals say stuff like that all the time (not to the tourists though).  It was really odd at first, but now I'm use to it.  They are not trying to convert me, it's just the way they express themselves.   You should see when the housekeeping department starts praying, singing and all the "amens" and "praise the lords" being said during a departmental meeting.  I'm sure the corporate guys in DC would flip out if they knew, but that is just how the local people are here.

Funny enough after all the 'praise the lord' and 'amen' they totally flirt with each other and some major sexual innuendo is going on.   Again, corporate would have would die if they knew.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I work at a church, and we don't say that at the end of phone conversations, unless we know the person on the other end of the line.  The voicemail message DOES end with "Have a blessed day", though.  Which I think you should sort of expect, if you're calling a church.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_work-related-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:123e2b73-fc13-4c55-9bd8-acacfb86105fPost:d6b162a4-5123-40e1-bf88-bee5f3c4a22c">Re: Work related- opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesus is my homeboy. If I had to guess, I bet Jesus doesn't like super humongous sigs.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I've missed you.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_work-related-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:123e2b73-fc13-4c55-9bd8-acacfb86105fPost:80674e25-7cde-4fa1-ba50-0842caffd084">Re: Work related- opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]He probably cringes everytime someone brings his name or his father's name up at an awards show too.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

But he really cares about britney spears winning that mtv award!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_work-related-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:123e2b73-fc13-4c55-9bd8-acacfb86105fPost:80674e25-7cde-4fa1-ba50-0842caffd084">Re: Work related- opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]He probably cringes everytime someone brings his name or his father's name up at an awards show too.

What about when Kathy Griffin tells him to suck it at an awards show?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_work-related-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:123e2b73-fc13-4c55-9bd8-acacfb86105fPost:80674e25-7cde-4fa1-ba50-0842caffd084">Re: Work related- opinions?</a>:

I don't know...if I gave someone some great talent, I wouldn't mind if they publicly thanked me for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jesus loves me. This I know.
  • Even if the "talent" is penning music singing about how hard it's out there for a pimp?  I'm thinking this might be one situation where he might give the side-eye. haha

• I reiterate Capri, his bff was a former prostitute.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_work-related-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:123e2b73-fc13-4c55-9bd8-acacfb86105fPost:4fb09f36-8b87-4a3d-a7b7-4316e7888daf">Re: Work related- opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even if the "talent" is penning music singing about how hard it's out there for a pimp?  I'm thinking this might be one situation where he might give the side-eye. haha

Well like you said, no one knows what he likes or dislikes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it's unprofessional to say "Have a blessed day" or "God bless."  If it is, then it's also unprofessional to say "oh my God" or "for Christ's sake" or even "Merry Christmas," which people say all the time.  (I try not to say the first two things, but that's for religious reasons, not professional reasons.)

I think a boundary is crossed when people try to push their religious views on someone at work.  I think even talking about it (to an extent) is fine, but only if the other person is okay with it.
  • I love it Jazmine.  I guess he might know how hard it is out there for a pimp.  (Not calling Jesus a pimp).
  • I do think it's quite unprofessional! I'd be super irritated too. Couldn't he have said "Have a nice day" or something?
  • Pimpin' ain't easy.

I work in a god damned religious organization. We talk about the Jebus a lot.

The Margarita Evolution
  • DONT YOU KNOW?!

Nice=Blessed. It's in the thesaurus.

The Margarita Evolution
  • My problem is with imperative sentences as a whole. Don't tell me what to do with my day. I was planning on a sacrilegious day, thank you very much.
  • I was a lady pimp for Halloween one year.  Yep, costume FAIL!  :) 

Anyways, I don't see the big deal.  I think it's nice that someone is thoughtful enough to hope my day is blessed.  Of course it packs more meaning to me when it isn't recorded and they say it in person.  To each their own, because I'll always wish someone a Merry Christmas, Happy Easter, Happy Thanksgiving.........I don't expect them to get offended because I wouldn't be offended if they don't say it back, or tell me Happy Hanukkah.  I guess I'm just one big pile of not caring, because it's someones personal expression, there's no ill will behind it.  ;)
  • I find it incredibly unprofessional, so long as your profession doesn't involve religion or blessings in any way.  Religion shouldn't be shoved at people. 

True story - Giddeons or something similar came to the house last weekend.  I was expecting my mom and sister, else I wouldn't have opened the door without checking it first.  He darn near got his wrist broken when he shoved it in the door as I was closing it.  The dog was trying to get out - Bullet did NOT like that guy, and our dog is a great judge of character thus far. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I really do not like when religious groups go door to door. Religion is not a product for a traveling salesman. I like that my church plays hard to get.
  • Sorry if I was getting  judgy, but I'm in a bitchy mood today, so it may continue...let me go see if there's anything I can whine about on the posts that have shown up in the last 30 minutes Tongue out.
  • the only boy who could ever reach me
    was the son of a preacher man
    the only boy who could ever teach me
    was the son of a preacher man
    yes he was
    he was
    oooohhhh he was
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_work-related-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:123e2b73-fc13-4c55-9bd8-acacfb86105fPost:7411be0b-7a82-4fe7-8a1b-bee1081f60b9">Re: Work related- opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's unprofessional to say "Have a blessed day" or "God bless."  If it is, then it's also unprofessional to say "oh my God" or "for Christ's sake" or even "Merry Christmas," which people say all the time.
    Posted by cocoreo3[/QUOTE]

I think all of those phrases are unprofessional.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards