September 2012 Weddings

Summer or Fall?

Our date is September 2nd, 2012. This is labor day weekend, and we're getting married in chicago. The technical beginning of Fall isn't until September 22nd, but what do you guys think? More of a summer feeling or a fall feeling to a September 2nd wedding? September in general?

image 141 Invited so far!
image 112 Are ready to party!
image 29 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Summer or Fall?

• I've been wondering the same thing... My date is the 8th so it's still pretty early.  I feel like it should be fall but the weather could still be pretty summer-like.  It's really making it difficult for me to pick my colors!
  • I KNOW! I'm having the same problem. I really want to do tiffany blue and orange. But that's pretty summer-y. I mean, weather-wise, it's still going to be warm, but school has already started and it's into those "fall" months. Plus weather in Chicago is always unpredictable, so I guess it could be snowing!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having this problem. My fiance and I are wanting to get married on the 8th and we aren't sure what colors or what feel to go with...fall or summer? I've asked and people say fall. Which is what I think. When I think of September I think fall. Also the weather is starting to cool down by then. Good luck to you all.
  • @kitkat887 - We share the same date! Yay!! Well IMHO I think it really comes down to where you are for the wedding.  Even though  it is "Fall" we are definitely having more of a Summer wedding since we are in FL.  Since it is very likely the weather will still be pretty summery, we are sticking with that trend.   Either way I say pick the colors you want based on what you like.  Our colors are pretty subtle and no matter what season, they would still remain the same.  Just think of all the girls who have pink weddings year round.  See what I'm saying?  
    80 said yes image
  • I think that Labor day week is what seperates us from the summer into the fall so i think that it would work both ways colorwise for summer colors and fall colors.
  • Yay Happe! I agree, I'm thinking that summer will work just fine. I doubt anyone will look around and say "this is such a beautiful wedding, but these colors are out of season!"
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_summer-fall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:852097c4-802b-4252-8b5b-4d95ef2296dfPost:ecc4caad-1351-4e36-86a7-091ee8f1f163">Re: Summer or Fall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Happe! I agree, I'm thinking that summer will work just fine. I doubt anyone will look around and say "this is such a beautiful wedding, but these colors are out of season!"
    Posted by kitkat887[/QUOTE]

I agree...My colors were staying the same no matter what the season..I just love deep purple....
  • My date is Sept 8... I still consider that summer.. I chose pink and green... If it was later on in September like after the 20th, then yeah i think fall colors would have been more appropriate. Plus its my wedding I really could care less what anyone thinks lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kitkat i know how you feel about the whole summer/fall thing! I'm also from Chicago but I'm out of state for now in Virginia. I'm most definitely going back to Chicago for our wedding and am planning on Sept.15! I'm having difficulties on the same thing only im not quite sure what colors to actually pick because it is so close to being considered fall! I'm so torn in choosing summer or fall colors its driving me nuts!!!
  • I say...it's YOUR wedding, so if you like fall colors better use them. If you like summer colors, use those. Most likely, no one will say anything. I will be using Brown, White/Ivory,light Peach, light Turquoise/Auqua. My date is the 22nd. The first day of Autumn, apparently lol
    I'll be adding a picture of my colors to my profile since they only allow you to pick 2 colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so glad I am not the only one dealing with this! Since our date is 9-15 its on the edge of Summer/Fall. We ended up picking deep plum, and white with small accents of pumpkin, granny smith, marigold and silver/gray. It sounds like a lot of colors but the accents colors are very small that its not overwhelming. I plan to just use them as hints and keep the deep plum and white as the main colors. I am so glad I finally found colors that we both like and can FINALLY stop going to hardware stores and looking at paint swatches! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Dannie
  • My date is September 1st and I think my colors will be bright shades of red, orange and yellow (think sunset). I think as far as colors go I would just try to stay away from all pastels, one or two is nice... but all pastel looks spring/ early summer.
  • Since our wedding is so close to the first day of Fall, I think we will be using the fall colors. I don't know what but I'll figure it out.
    Countdown to being Mrs. Tirey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding website
  • We have the same issue.  Our original date was going to be Oct 13, 2012.  We were basically planning all our things around this date and since we have more than a year to plan we weren't concerned with a venue or anything.

Well I found a great site for our ceremony and reception.  Very rustic and would be perfect for our Oct/fall themed wedding.  Problem is they don't do weddings in Oct because they have a haunted house there for the entire month of Oct.

The first available date for a fall wedding is Sept 1st.  I really want this site but I also really want a fall theme.  I have ideas for centerpieces such as pumpkins, wheat stalks and fall leaves.  So like all of you I'm wondering if a fall theme is too early for the first part of Sept.  I really don't have colors picked out like others do because it was all just going to be fall colors with the bridesmaids wearing black.
    ExerciseMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards