Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

DD? MOB angry that daughter/son not getting married in her church

I think that post was here, if not, let me know, I'll delete and put it in the right spot.OP-many mothers could have benefited from reading the thoughtful and truthful responses to your post.  Brides could have gotten good advice too, especially if their parents are pressuring them to get married in a certain church or faith (like my parents were).  If you only want validation, you need to seek it somewhere else.  This post could have helped a lot of people and it is rude to delete it after the posters took time to answer your question.But, I'll sum up for anyone that was interested.  You don't have the right to choose where your daughter and her FI get married.

Re: DD? MOB angry that daughter/son not getting married in her church

• Duckie, you're right-it was here. I came to look at the other replies this morning and it was gone. I stand by my reply: (This is the Cliff notes version; I had written a longer reply initially) mom, MYOB. Your adult daughter and her adult FI get to choose where and when they get married. You don't get to choose for them.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Yes, it was here.  I replied the same thing.  Apparently she didn't like the fact that her daughter is her own person and maybe does not relate to the Mom's religion anymore. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards