Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

MOH and a bride?

Uh oh. My friend asked me to be a MOH for her wedding and my (at the time boyfriend) urged me to think about it... I of course was thrilled and said YES to her!! Well, 3 months later he proposed and now I am faced with planing a wedding for us, and helping my friend with MOH duties too... We want our wedding around the same time, after all its a popular month, and I am not sure what to do! How do I  decline the position of MOH so I can focus on my wedding without totally offending her. Also what do I do about picking a date... its going to be awfully close to hers.  *Yikes*

Re: MOH and a bride?

• Options
    sdodsdod member
    First Comment
    One of my roommates last year was asked to be the MOH for two weddings, both around the same time. She asked the bride who had asked her second to let her just be a BM and have someone else be her MOH. As they were good friends, the bride said yes. As far as I know it didn't hurt their friendship. If I were you, I'd ask her if someone else could be the MOH. But still try to be involved and available for her(and let her know you will be). You're Both brides and you Both know the stress it can put you under. If you're good friends, she should understand.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in 3 weeks and my best friend and MOH is getting married 5 weeks after that... I can tell you that even though we're best friends we've done very little together, not because we didnt want to but because we're both pretty independent and have our own ideas.  Besides the dress shopping and going to see the hall & decorator once, and ask for the odd opinion, I did everything myself and didint need her help and vice versa.  I dont see why you'd need to back out.  It's awesome to be going through the same things at the same time.
  • Options
    My best friend and I decided to be each other's MOH when we were like 8, and now she's getting married about 4 months before I am, and we are SUPER excited! We get to bounce ideas off each other, even though we both have different ideas on what we want. And when one of us is browsing wedding ideas and we see something we know the other would like, we bookmark it for the other, it's almost like having another set of eyes.and just between us, I'm excited that her's is first because when we are doing our DIY projects I'll have more experience than her when it comes to mine because we've already done her's! Think of it as a blessing that you have someone who is as interested in wedding stuff as you are, as aposed to a friend who is single and will be bitter and bored when you talk wedding ideas to her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards