California-Los Angeles

Did you have a photobooth?

Hi Ladies!

If you had a photobooth how many hours did you have it for and what time did you have it begin?  I really want to get one and I think to help wit the cost I am only going to have one for 2-3 hours but not sure if I should have at the beginning or the end of the reception just because I worry about people not being there for the first dance, speeches, etc. because they are busy at the booth.  Did anybody have that issue?

What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did you have a photobooth?

• edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding that had a photobooth and while it was a lot of fun to take photos and have a keepsake from the wedding, I totally noticed that it took away from dancing.  People were pre-occupied with the photobooth and waited in line for it that there wasn't much dancing going on until the end of the night.
  • imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had one during the first three hours starting with the cocktail hour. It worked our because by the time we did the first dance and all that stuff the photobooth was reasy to go.
  • edited December 2011
    we had one for the entire length of the reception with 1 hour at a reduced rate for an "idle hour" during dinner

we didn't have any issue with people missing important times, our dj was really on top of getting all the vendors on the same program for us and giving them 15-10-5 minute heads up so they could help guide people to where they should be.

photobooth was packed all night, guests loved it, and pics only got better as the night went on (thanks open bar)

i got my photobooth, smile lounge, through a brides rally deal and they were amazing and so helpful and friendly and even got the shyest people to show their wild side (i'm looking at you, grandma-in-law)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I have been debating whether to get one for awhile but I think I am going to do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had a photobooth and it was the best detail of the entire reception. It started at cocktail hour and ended 3 hours later. Every single person, young and old, loved our photobooth. We actually used that as our guestbook and just left scrapbook pages, pens, and scrapbook tape for people to leave messages with their pictures.
    We also got to keep a CD of all the images that people took.

Our coordinator/ photobooth was Tina Molina Events.
    Finally a Mrs! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls,
    I also thought to go with photobooth.
    But after a LONG research i found this company :

They also offers a photo booth type services but with their magnets! So, now I'm getting the favors I want and my guests can still have fun with taking pictures with props!
    Their magnet idea is AMAZING!!! Laughing
  • We had one the whole reception and loved it!

At the end (right after the reception ended) they handed us an album (more like a scrapbook) with all the pictures (I ordered the duplicate package where we kept a copy). Guests were also allowed to personalize the scrapbook- really cute.

It’s been almost a year and we still laugh when we see the picture. Also make sure to get a CD copy of all the prints.

Tanya A.

Customer Relationship Manager

Beverly Hills Carpet Cleaners, Inc.

http://www.bhcarpetcleaners.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards