Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anybody NOT use Limos?

Re: Anybody NOT use Limos?

• The bridal party got themselves to the reception. One of the groomsmen washed his car and put up "Just Married" window clings. He drove us to the reception. Limos weren't worth the money for us! GL! Someone drove our car there ( I don't know who) and we used it to get to the hotel afterward.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You have too much going on in your sig, also. It freezes up my screen every time. Good thing you've got 2 tickers, bio, picture, aannnddd...and invite counter for guests you haven't formally invited yet. And "yes"d those you're sure will be there.
  • There was no way were going to spend money on a limo.  We all just drove in our own cars or carpooled.  We got married at a church, so there was plenty of parking.
  • Not using a limo.  My car is still perfectly workable on the day of.  I've also seen people use family cars (usually parents or grandparents) or rent vehicles.Our parents also have valid driver's licenses and shall drive themselves.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • [i]No I haven't sent them out yet, I "yes'd" the people who I know for sure would be there in my siggy that's all. [/i] Really? huh.
  • You have too much going on in your sig, also. It freezes up my screen every time. Good thing you've got 2 tickers, bio, picture, aannnddd...and invite counter for guests you haven't formally invited yet. And "yes"d those you're sure will be there. Ok, please stop riding my A$$ and move on with your day. You seem to like following me around writing nonesense..
  • I've been in 11 weddings and never been in a limo.  So I think a lot of people just transport themselves.  For our wedding, ceremony and reception are close enough for a 1 minute walk so we are not renting anything.
  • My wedding planner just told me that they have a "limo" golfcart that will take me from the hotel to the beach for the ceremony...haha thought it was funny.
  • We are going from our hotel, to 3 different locations for pictures, to the ceremony, to the reception.  So we're having a party bus just for logistical purposes (us plus our 9 person BP, plus two moms, a dad, and two grandmas.  I budgeted about $300 for it. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• [i]WOOF WOOF[/i] DED.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We aren't using one. Our ceremony/reception/room block are all at the same place, so everyone is just going to drive. I don't think its important AT ALL!
  • Public transportation!
  • Thanks to everyone that replied with RELEVANT answers. I will definately be going the car pool route.
  • Thanks to everyone that replied with RELEVANT answers. You haven't lurked much here, have you?
  • You haven't lurked much here, have you?::sucks teeth::
  • ::sucks teeth:: Are you West Indian by chance??

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • WTF is ::sucks teeth::? Now I have vampires on the brain again.
  • p2 is our resident siggy police. listen to her.
  • Part, but yes I am.
  • We're in NYC, and not using limos.  We'll just call the car service I use to go to the airport, etc, to get to the church, and I think we'll be on public transit for our post-wedding photoshoot around town (all the better for cute subway pictures).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I figured.  You should see the looks I get when I call a WI out on teeth sucking.   They are like 'damm, she's must be a local'

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I figured. You should see the looks I get when I call a WI out on teeth sucking. They are like 'damm, she's must be a local' Lol, you're good.
  • I think it's on of the first things a continental learns when they move down here.

• We aren't getting a limo-it's a waste of money for our venue. The BMs and GM are getting ready at a hotel 2miles away from the venue so we're going to just carpool there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • No limos for us. Ceremony and reception are at the same place, 5 minutes from the hotel, so we'll just carpool or whatever. It's not worth wasting the money, in my opinion.
  • we are getting one if we decide to get married in the church because we will have a big gap and a couple different locations to get photos. if we get married on the beach then we are not going to get one.
  • You seem to like following me around writing nonesense.. This is the second thread I've ever replied to of yours.And, FYI - advice you don't like does not make it nonsense. I don't think telling you don't deserve your PT deposit back, OR telling you you have too much in your siggy classifies as "following you around".
  • I am sitting on a red wagon and FI is pulling me all the way from our place to the venue. He's charging me 1K for the ride, too. damn him!
  • Damn Vee. You are getting ripped off. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards