Pre-wedding Parties
Options

What to do....

Hey All So I had my engagement party on June 6th, it was a great party and by no means where gifts expected but most people did bring gifts. Now my problem arises with a guest that did not bring a gift but keeps telling me she has one it is just not ready yet. At this point I feel like she should have just never said she has a gift for me... What do I do, just forget she ever mentioned it???

Re: What to do....

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, just forget she ever mentioned it.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  Just forget it.  Just curious though:  what would your other options be?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Julia2010Julia2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really do not know what my other options would be cause as I stated I was not Expecting gifts.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do nothing and forget about it.Your other options would be to 1) say something to her about it or 2) not say anything, but remember it.  Both of those options suck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Forget about it till /if she gives it to you
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep. My best friend, who would have been the MOH, decided instead to take a trip with her sister instead of being in town for our wedding which her husband was officiating. After the wedding, she told me probably three times that she had a gift to give to me/us. Each time, I said, "Wow, that's great. Thanks a lot!" Gift hasn't appeared, and our 5th anniversary was two months ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This person could be telling you the truth. Perhaps the gift is not ready yet, and she felt awkward showing up without one, but wanted you to know she really does have one. I am making a wedding gift for my friend and I let her know at her shower that it wasn't ready yet, but she will surely have it in hand for the wedding day gift opening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards