California-Bay Area

Honeymoon Ideas?

Hi... I'm honeymooning in SanFrancisco in the end of September & was wondering if you could give me any ideas of "must do's" or romantic ideas in San Francisco. Who better to ask than people who live there! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Re: Honeymoon Ideas?

• Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was coming in to ask the exact same question! We are there 28th October - 2nd November.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not from SF, but Santa Clara which is about 45 minutes south of there.  I think it kind of depends on what kind of honeymoon you want.  I think if your up for sight seeing you should definately visit Alcatraz (for sure pay for the headset), see the Golden Gate (walk or bike accross if the weather is good), and do a dinner ferry on the bay.  There is a ton of shopping :) if you and FI are up for that.  I would also try to take a trolly ride.  I'm sure there will be shows if you like theater/musicals.  I hope that helps a bit!
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!Palla09 i have posted in the Northern California board aswell and got loads of replies. I think that board is a bit busier than here
  • ejfranco82ejfranco82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would advise you to go some place else for you honeymoon. I"m about 45 mins from san francisco and I would think some place nicer!! Not saying san francisco is not nice but for a honeymoon go some place else.....
  • ida.mitchellida.mitchell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its a great idea to come to SF for your honeymoon! Here is some ideas from me and my future mother in law. Who was born and raised in San Francisco:The starlight room; its a bar that overviews the city! http://www.harrydenton.com/This link below is a restaurant that I really like, in the Mission. Really romantic with a awesome view specially when its dark with all the light!! http://www.medjoolsf.com/sky_terrace.htmI also recommend a picnic in Dolores Park in the mission district. There you will have a panorama view of the downtown with the skyscrapers. Its a cute little coffee shop right there with sandwiches if you want that, then just bring a blanket.Take a tourbus! Jump on and go around the city. It will also take you over the golden gate bridge where you can take really nice pictures!From the piers there are boats that can take you for a trip around the bay. Its nice to go over to Sausalito thats over the golden gate bridge and go to one of the restaurants that overviews the bay! You can also go with a boat to Tiburon and eat at Sam's. Cute shops, beautiful view! And then go back with the boat.The restaurant "The cliff house". right on the beach. beautiful sunsets you can take a walk on the beach before or after a nice dinner! North beach "little Italy" is a really cute district in san francisco. Just walk around, have coffee at a nice cafe. great italian food! If you like garlic go to the restaurant "the stinking rose"! they have garlic icecream! Beach blanket babylon - is a really fun show for visitors.The really beautiful catholic church in north beach called saint peter and pauls. Hope you find something that you liked! have a great time! congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards