Retro and Vintage Weddings

Engraving your rings?

Anyone doing this?  If so, what are you going to write?

As goofy as we are, Matt and I decided not to do something funny like, "put it back on!!!".  It's been about two years since we first started talking about it, and I think we've decided on this:

mine:  Take my hand
his  :   Take my whole life, too

What do you think?
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Engraving your rings?

• His is tungsten so it really can't be engraved. Mine would feel a little lonely being the only engraved one :(
  • I love your idea! Super, super sweet.

We haven't really talked about engraving rings. His ring is going to be cobalt and I'm not sure if it's engraveable either...something to think about/look into.
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is really cute! I don't think that engraving would work well on either of our rings. H's is custom rose gold and silver and already has a makers mark inside. My bands are so dainty that I don't know if it would work.
    Photobucket
  • I like it. We aren't engraving rings though. In fact, my engagement ring is going to be my wedding band. It's too lovely to put away. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll put it away for a traditional wedding band.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure if I'll be engraving our rings or not...if I do, I want mine to say "Love is a risk"
  • I really liked the idea of engraving rings, but I am really boring so we just put our names and our wedding date.  I know, how romantic.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • I love that.  Is that your wedding song?  It was my friend and her husband's song (the elvis version!) which was great. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_engraving-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:923a2d2c-6bf3-4d7a-abcf-f893c82db113Post:786d4f40-0746-4b54-87d0-68025ecdffb8">Re: Engraving your rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that.  Is that your wedding song?  It was my friend and her husband's song (the elvis version!) which was great. 
    Posted by cokie216[/QUOTE]

It's what my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to, and we used the ingrid michaelson cover.  Love the song, though.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards