Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance song??

I am trying to find a good song for a combined Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance. My FI wants to skip the Mother/Son if we do the separately but his mom has helped so much in the planning I would like to give her a chance in the "spotlight". Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance song??

• jbrooks4jbrooks4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I are doing "Here Comes the Sun" by the beatles, And my FI and FMIL are doing "What a Wonderful World"...neither are gender specific but both classics! Good luck!
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're okay with country, "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts and "I Hope You Dance" by Leanne Womack are both good, and not really gender specific. I do like "What A Wonderful World", plus it's short for your FI.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_fatherdaughter-motherson-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:5777a35f-35e2-4e70-8a84-43e0a053b88fPost:0b8ca428-bce3-436f-997a-1b4df272709c">Re: Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance song??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're okay with country, "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts and "I Hope You Dance" by Leanne Womack are both good, and not really gender specific. I do like "What A Wonderful World", plus it's short for your FI.
    Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • sejohnso8565sejohnso8565 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we will go with "What A Wonderful World"

Thanks Everybody!
  • annaesmithannaesmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I are dancing to Sinatra's "I've got the world on a string" and my future husband and his mom are gonna join in towards the end. I wanted an upbeat song about love to get the dance floor going.
  • edited December 2011
    Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" is a good song too. My FI and his mom are dancing to that one...my dad and I are dancing to the Tony Bennett version of "The Way You Look Tonight."
  • edited December 2011
    We danced to "I  Hope You Dance" by Leann Womack. It is a beautiful song.
  • edited December 2011
    Always be Your Baby by Natalie Grant is a beautiful father/daughter song. I'll be using for my reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards