Military Brides

Need help!!!

Trying to plan a wedding. My love is in the army and I want to include so special things in it for him. Please help, I'm bery open minded...

Re: Need help!!!

• edited December 2011
    I think you'll need to have more information for any feedback.  This really doesn't suggest anything about you or your wedding.
  • MCH77MCH77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to talk with him about this.  Some guys to not like to have the military as part of their wedding, some do. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Best person to talk to about that would be him. Don't try to force him into anything i.e. wearing his uniform. Ask what he might want to do or what aspects he may want to include...
  • ashley713ashley713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would talk to him about it. My FI doesn't want to wear his uniform and doesn't want anything military in any aspect of the wedding. He doesn't want any of the groomsmen or guests in the military to wear their uniforms either, that's his choice and I respect it. He says he deals with the military every other day and would like one day where it's not involved. If it had been me planning without asking him I would have had the guys wear their dress blues and done a bunch of other stuff. Needless to say I'm glad I asked.
  • edited December 2011
    In what exactly you need help? My FI is also in the army and he is helping me with almost everything, he started by not wanting to "help" that it was my desition lol but lately he's giving me his opinions!!! :) First of all he doesnt want to wear his uniform or any cake topper with army couple and what not. I agreed with that. Let us know what kind of help you need and we will happily help you! Some special things for him would be something like "The Garter" if he loves sports or his favorite stuff, you can get it custome made with whatever he likes, so whenever he sees it .. it'll be a suprise!.... You can also have the groom cake with his favorite stuff....
  • rdlclarkrdlclark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Assuming the groom is down for the mil stuff, an Army symbol grooms cake would be a small touch with out going overboard.  It can be served at the rehersal instead of the reception if he wants something low key. We had a few mil themes, but the one that surprised me (vs him) is the hubby actually had an AF Grooms cake (he's Army).  I figured he'd go with GA bulldogs, but he said that he wanted to honor me and my service being a part of his life now. My reply? WTFO?!?! In a sweet way that is... :-) 
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    RDL, that's really sweet!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    My future hubby is in the Air Force.  We are not having a military wedding because he plans on getting out after 5 years. However, we do have a few touches.  For example, my bridesmaids are wearing a federal blue (not navy!) dress and we are having blue and white hues throughout the flowers, accesories, etc.  A lot of his Air Force buddies will be guests at our wedding, and I thought it'd be fun to play the Air Force theme during the reception at some point.  I agree that it's important you discuss it with him.
  • rdlclarkrdlclark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Pnut- Most of my fam is in some branch of the service, so as a wink-wink-nod to them I had the harpist play all the service songs prior to the ceremony.  They got a huge kick out of it and from what I hear, they jumped to attention and sung along.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards