South Carolina

Greenville Area Makeup!!!!!

I am getting my bridal portraits done in September. I already have a hair dresser, but am at a loss for makeup. I don't want to do it myself because I know things can look differently in pics, plus it's just nice to sit back and let someone else worry about it! So any suggestions?

Re: Greenville Area Makeup!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I would go to a makeup counter at the mall and have it done. That's what I did.
  • soon2briossoon2brios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which makeup counter did you choose? I've heard Clinique and Mac are the two best.....I was trying to figure out the best one to go to. I dont' want to get my makeup done and then hate it but not have the time to fix it....
  • edited December 2011
    I worked for Lancome at Belk's one summer and went there for both my bridal portrait makeup and the wedding day. Word of caution: The bridal portrait makeup was wonderful (Tori was the one who did it). When I went back for my wedding day, they were in their gift season and things were really hectic. They lost my appointment and I had to be worked in while Tori was at lunch, so she didn't even do it. Things were so hectic that I was saying that I wanted a different look from the portrait makeup (I had a very dramatic eye for the portrait and I wanted a softer look for the wedding) and I was basically ignored. Long story short, I had to redo 70% of the makeup in the car on the way to the ceremony. Not the best situation to be in on your wedding day. It wasn't just that I didn't like the look, it was stuff like the lipstick looked orange on me and seriously clashed with my skin tone. They were more eager to get me out of there than they were to listen to feedback, and since they lost my original appointment time, there wasn't time to redo it there. Do a trial run first. I still recommend Lancome because of their products, but I would go to a different store.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Bobbi Brown and loved it
  • trfrsitrfrsi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am an airbrush makeup artist (and a bride!) from Charleston, but I will travel anywhere in SC NC and GA for weddings and other special events. Don't trust your special day to a possibly inexperienced person... I am a professional. View my website for my portfolio: www.beautymasterybydesign.com ~Tracy
  • soon2briossoon2brios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I ended up using MAC and loved it for my portraits so I think that's what I'm going to stick with for my big day! Thanks for the help though!
  • edited December 2011
    trfrsi, Your'e also a vendor and can't solicit business here. Read the T&C.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards