Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Priscilla of Boston questions!

Hello ladies, This past Friday I fell in love with a dress from the Vineyard Collection at Priscilla of Boston, a style called "Nora". It had all the features I loved about a particular Jim Hjelm dress but seemed more "me" because it expanded on those qualities (i.e. longer train, detachable cap sleeves, etc) and was less expensive (bonus b/c it's under my budget). I was just wondering how other Priscilla/Vineyard brides have felt about their choice of dress and their experiences with this specific store in Boston. How was the customer service? What were the fittings/alterations like?More specifically I'm curious if any other knotties have worn "Nora". I'm feeling a wee bit intimidated about the thought of actually ordering "the one", basically. Any comments/opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Priscilla of Boston questions!

• Options
    thoresonlthoresonl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore "Nora" for my wedding in June 2009.  I LOVED this dress.  I got so many compliments about how my guests loved the dress because it was timeless, elegant, classic, etc, and because it is different from the boring strapless dresses that EVERYONE seems to be wearing these days.  I would say go for it!  I don't really care what the dress is made of - as long as it is made well (which it absolutely is...my dress is flawless). You can get a lot of poor quality dresses in silk or satin.  Nobody knows what the dress is made of.  What everyone knows is whether or not the dress looks good and looks high quality, which this dress definitely will.  My friends were shocked that my dress wasn't more expensive than it actually was...it looks very expensive. Instead of paying for the silk or satin, you are paying for the gorgeous lacework, and believe me, it is worth it!My experience shopping at Priscilla in Minneapolis was fantastic. I shopped for dresses for about a month and probably went to 10 different shops, ranging from large chain stores to designer boutiques and I have to say that I had the best experience at Priscilla, by far.  They made me feel important and gave me tons of time to try on the dress multiple times (some places try to get as many brides in and out the door as possible per day and they really try to rush you). I would definitely recommend buying a dress from them.  I'm actually selling my dress if you are interested in a used one - same beautiful dress in like-new condition for much less than you can buy it in stores.  Let me know if you are interested!tl01258@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards