Pennsylvania

Vendor Reviews!

Hi ladies, although I do not post often, I spent tons of time on the knot community getting ideas;  and thought that now that all my wedding craziness is over, I would  share some of my experiences. Hope it may be helpful. We got married at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn and must say that the views are breathtaking but the process was not easy. If you plan to get married there and you are into wedding details like me, please make sure that you have all your requests, wants and needs in writing and have them sign it before you sign that contract and put deposit down. They will answer all your questions and will promise a lot but once you sign the contract all that goes out the window!  It feels as if they make the rules as they go and not everyone is on the same page. For the brides that love to be treated in a special way, enjoy the time before you sign the contract because after that, they treat brides as if their wedding is not a big deal! Unfortunately deposits are non-refundable, If I could do it again, I would definitely had gone somewhere else. Hope this will prevent disappointments- happy planning!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• edited December 2011
    so sorry to hear! one of my good friends is getting married there in october and she feels the same way....they said she could change things and do things her way and now they're saying they can't be done. it seems very frustrating. hope it all worked out and you got to enjoy your day!!
  • sarahrosettesarahrosette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain. I always thought I would get married there but they were not very accomodating when I was contemplating having my wedding there so I switched. Best of luck! Make sure they give you want you want as a bad review is never good. I noticed on their packet of reviews that there was only one person I knew. I think that they do a lot of weddings for people from out of the area so maybe they are not used to a "hands on" bride. Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!
  • naomicaynenaomicayne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that! I'm getting married there on Sunday, and so far the experience has been good, if a little frustrating. It has been easy for me to plan from 5 hours away since everything is on site, but I can attest that our coordinator there has been a bit of a flake. We have been able to make changes we needed, such as dropping the budgeted number of tables and negotiating on the time we can start using the venue, but there are times when we have written to our coordinator and it takes days to hear back. They do feel a bit like a wedding factory, but since I don't want to be treated like a princess, I don't mind the lack of attention. We will see how it goes this weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards