Texas-San Antonio

To trial or not to trial?

Did you have a hair/makeup trial or did you use your bridal portraits as a trial? I'm trying to decide if it's smart or silly to go in one day before my bridals and have a trial with my hair/makeup artist (for an additional $75). Since I'm out of town, I don't want to make a separate trip for a trial but it seems a little crazy to have a trial the day before. I completely trust my hair/makeup lady, Roseanne Harris, but I just wonder if I would feel more comfortable if I arranged a trial. I've looked at her work and it's fabulous, but I'm particular about my hair/makeup. She did say she would set aside 2 1/2 hours the day of my bridals to make sure it's perfect. I'm going back and forth and in circles! What are your thoughts??

Re: To trial or not to trial?

• MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you already know you're going to go with her, I say skip the trial. I did a trial with Johanna at Versi Salon and before I went in I thought I would continue to shop around for other makeup people until I saw what an amazing job she did. It seems like a waste of money if you already know you are going to book her. For me, the trial was about shopping for a great makeup artist and I got a great one on the first try. It sounds like you picked a great one to so I say just trust her skills! But then again, I can be pretty..umm..frugal about things:)
    Photobucket image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards