Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Videographer Question

So I have the names and contact info for the recommended videographers, but I'm wondering what you looked for in your videographer and what you liked or didn't like about him/her.  Did you do anything fancy or just have someone record the big moments?For some reason I just can't make myself get excited about the wedding video and I'm leaning towards just getting someone to do the bare minimum- do you think this will be a mistake?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: Videographer Question

• edited December 2011
    It really is personal preference. So many ladies on here skipped it altogether, or just did the bare minimum, but I found it important. I'm the type of person who will watch it over and over again- it is important for me to be able to relive it and see things I missed or forgot about. :-) That said, I guess I'd fall into the "fancy" category. My video will be edited and to music. Things that made me book my videographer: quality of the video (saw a whole one start to finish), packages and prices were reasonable to me, and I liked his personality/attitude. Whether you go with the bare minimum for a step up, I feel you need to have at least some part of it recorded or you'll regret it down the road. I've heard too many of those stories... GL!
  • edited December 2011
    for= "or" a step up...
  • AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my video way more than my pictures!  I almost skipped it completely, but I'm so glad I didn't.  I definately would have regretted not having one.  I love to watch it now, there's so much that went on during the reception that I missed, plus I think it will be nice in the future to pull it out for my children/grandchildren.  I wish my parents and grandparents had videos of their weddings, I would have loved to see it!
  • edited December 2011
    We had a videographer and I'm so glad we did. We chose our videographer after watching the DVD from my friends' wedding last summer. I was at the wedding, yet the video still made me cry because it was so well made and captured the day perfectly. I went and met with the guy they used and he was very professional and great to work with.I'm so impressed with our video. The video is like a real movie - the DVD has a menu where you can select what part of the day you want to see (like chapters in a movie) or you can watch straight through. Our video also includes a photo montage of us growing up and pictures of us as a couple, all set to music.  At the end of the wedding video, there is a slideshow of honeymoon pictures, also to music. He also edited a 3 minute overview of the whole day, set to our first dance song. I am so, so amazed by our video. Its perfect and I'm glad we splurged on a wonderful videographer!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I appreciate the insight.  I'm glad you all love your videos so much- I will be bio stalking to get your vendor names :)

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    My DH thought the videographer was a waste of money, before the wedding. But after the wedding, he was SO relieved that we had gotten one, because he was a ball of stress and the whole day is such a blur. Believe me, it is nice to watch the video when it is over! Also, you can get a decent price on a videographer who won't just do the bare minumum. Mine was 800 dollars, and he spent all day with me (From 3 PM to 11 PM) and we received 3 copies of the DVD, and they were finished the week after the wedding. I did ask for samples because I had found a videographer and his price was 575, which sounded great, but when I got a sample, it was too cheesey for my taste. So I used the samples to determine what I was looking for. You will be so glad you did it, if you end up hiring one!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    Our videographer gave us 5 copies of the edited version, but he also gave us DVDs of the original footage.  I haven't watched all of that yet, but it's nice to have.I also had ours video the reception room before anyone entered it.  I really wanted to see it and it was impossible for me to swing by the venue on the day of, due to it not being available until so late.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I'll have a look in the recommended list, but can you ladies give me the info on your videographers?  I guess thats something easy that I can book soon. Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, I feel the same way- something not too difficult that I can check off my list and then not think about for a long time :)

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have my videographer's info with me now, but I can email it to whoever wants it when I get home. I know it's not someone who is popular on here, but I would highly recommend him (though I don't have my video yet....it does take a while b/c he does this independently, plus I have been slacking in getting him pics for the photo montage).
  • edited December 2011
    Late to this - but email me at jennybee1018 at gmail dot com for my videographers info. Sara, I think I may have emailed you the info. If not, no worries, I am happy to send it again! :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'm glad this was posted today since I am now in the market for a videographer.....8 weeks from the wedding :P I've been contacting people all morning but maybe you guys have someone else that I haven't come across yet.JB, YGM! Kim, I can't find your e-mail address, can you send me your info? kbielak17 at hotmailThanks!!

Vacation

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim, could you please send me your info as well? lafemmerousse at gmail dot comJennyBee, I'm emailing you now!

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Sure, I will send you the info when I get home- I don't have his number here at work, and he doesn't have a website.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, you 3 will have mail when I get home!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Kim :)

Vacation

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards