Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

my sweet country proposal

i am getting married this week..but I just found this board and after reading everyone's precious stories, i decided to post mine!my boyfriend (now fiance...almost husband) and I had been dating for over 4 years when he finally decided to propose. we had known for a long time that we would get married...it was just a matter of timing, bc we were waiting for me to graduate from college. i knew (or thought i knew) the he didn't have the money to buy me a ring because he had bought a fourwheeler (against my wishes) several months prior, and i knew he couldn't buy my ring until he sold the fourwheeler. so on april 19 of 2008, he called me while i was at work and asked me to go to the lake with him that evening to fish. That is not out of the ordinary for us...it is one of our favorite things to do together.so we went out to the lake...just the two of us...in the boat. we fished for about an hour or so and the sun was starting to set, and then he asked me if i would come to the front of the boat to work the trolling motor while he baited his line. i have no idea how to work the trolling motor...but i went up there anyway and tried my hardest!so i had my back turned to him and he said "hey i have got a quick question before we go to the other side of the lake" and i said "ok, what?" and he said "will you marry me?" i turned around and he was down on one knee with the open ring box with my DREAM ring in it. i was in total shock! i of course said "yes" and then squealed and hugged him and kissed him!little did i know that he had sold the four wheeler about a month before and just hadn't told me. i just thought it was precious that he sold one of his favorite possessions to buy my dream ring and make me happy!

Re: my sweet country proposal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards