Georgia-Atlanta

greeters

Ok, I'm full of dumb questions, but do you really NEED one?  We weren't planning on it, but our venue said we need to.... I don't want people wandering around aimlessly, though I figured if I put "ceremony is in the garden" on the map/directions card that would help.... or do I really just need to ask someone to greet.

Re: greeters

• edited December 2011
    I think its a little silly to have someone greet unless its rediclously difficult to find the garden. You could just do a cute sign or chalk board that points the way!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i think your venue is underestimating the intelligence of your guests.People are pretty good at figuring things out.  I don't think you need a greeter if you don't want one.
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • edited December 2011
    ha, I really wanted to do a little sign - unf. our venue does all the decorating and won't let us bring our own!  *sniff* - it seems like a minor thing to me, but they've started making a sign that you can get for $85....  any thing to make a buck, i guess.... but I'm not shelling out that kind of dough for it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is in a garden too near the address for the reception but it may be a bit tricky so I ordered lawn signs from vistaprint (PIB) to direct guests and I think people will follow the crowd and find the place where the chairs are set up for the wedding--I don't think they'll wander aimlessly. I think the directions card you suggested will help. I don't think a greeter will help because then you'd need multiple ones to find "lost" guests.
  • edited December 2011
    i love this sign:  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5OANphI7cDQ/SR39MYb343I/AAAAAAAADmY/GwNDiXitBls/s400/nuptials.jpgso simple and cute!  i may try to find a way to get one in there anyway....heheour wedding and reception are in the same place.... people would have a hard time getting lost, which was why we didn't think we really needed greeters.  thanks for your responses!
  • edited December 2011
    $85 for a sign?! That is such bullshiit!!! I would make own and bring it and hang it up. I doubt they'll remove it on you. No one wants to upset the bride :-)
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • edited December 2011
    $85 is crazy--our signs were free when I ordered my programs from vistaprint
  • edited December 2011
    Are you getting married at Little Gardens by any chance?  I'm glad you asked this question b/c I've also been wondering if greeters are necessary.
  • edited December 2011
    no, but another MM facility - I did look at LG, don't you have to go through the house to get to the garden?  i might ask someone to greet if it isn't really obvious.
  • edited December 2011
    I figured it was either LG or one of their other facilities.  Yes, you have to go through the house to get to the gardens but I guess people wouldn't know that unless someone told them so I may need to consider having a greeter.  As much as I like not having the stress of decorating sometimes they are too strict on it and it becomes a real pain!  Good luck deciding what to do!
  • alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm at an MM site too and decided that we probably won't have greeters. It seems like the natural flow of traffic will all be headed in the right direction so if they come through the front of the house to get to the ceremony, it should be obvious to head towards the back. If you don't mind my asking...where are you doing your guestbook? And your favors? We're going back and forth between having them in the reception area (by the ballroom entrance) or up in the house (in the room by the front door)...
  • sduncans09sduncans09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're going to have our guestbook in the reception area b/c we're doing a polaroid guestbook and we want it where people will be eating, drinking, etc.
  • sduncans09sduncans09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would have it near the door so people can sign it when they arrive, and have someone move it to the reception area so the ones who didn't will sometime during the evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards