Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Budget for flowers

Hi ladies I am looking for some insight from those that have dealt with florists before. I have not met with any yet and my first appt is with Amanda. I need to pin point a budget, but I honestly have no clue. I do not know what is realistic for what I need.

My bouqet, 3 bridesmaids and about 10 centerpieces.

Since I have never planned a wedding before, or met with any florists, I dont know what to expect budget wise for the flowers!!?

Re: Budget for flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011

I told Amanda what I wanted, she told me how much it would be.  She also gave me alternatives that would look similar but would cost less.  Tell her what you want and see if you are comfortable with the price she says.

THe other thing I did was I looked at my overall budget and had a range that I would be comfortable with based on everything else I wanted for my wedding.  This gave me a good range of what I was willing to spend on flowers, invitations, dress, etc.

• Options
    jazsalazarjazsalazar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers are expensive.
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found that flowers really range in price depending on who you go to. I had some quotes come back around $800 and some were around $3000
    (my bouquet, 2 MOH, 8 BM, groom bout, 2 best men, 8 gm, 1 grandpa bout, 2 dad, 4 grandma corsage and 2 mom flowers and 8 aisle pieces - all of my stuff is pretty simple though)

I wound up going with Amanda because she really did have the best price with what I was looking for. I would also suggest talking to Julie Hurt at Simply Elegant events because she doesn't charge based on the kind of flower, just the design, so if you like more expensive flowers (which I did) she is a great option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My budget was $700 for 1 Bride, 2 BM, 3 Mother corsages, and 7 boutonnieres and Amanda stayed below that and they turned out gorgeous!  My bouquet had a lot of exotic flowers in it so for the price I couldn't complain
  • Options
    GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Amanda & I really love her! She's extremely diligent, passionate about her work & she can give you alternatives that are less expensive. If she's booked on your date try Jennifer at Ever After Florals because she's reasonable & so friendly. I met with her this summer & she & Amanda both came in right around my budget. GL!
  • Options
    stahlopstahlop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen from Ever After Florals or Amanda from Butterfly Petals are both friendly and can do a lot with a small budget.  I choose Jen, but Amanda was my second choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards