New York-Upstate

Rochester DJs?

Hey All, Anyone have any good DJ recommendations for the Rochester, NY area?Want fun but not cheesey!Thanks for your help.

Re: Rochester DJs?

• edited December 2011
    Although he was a little more expensive and (I thought) a tiny bit full of himself- Steve Turner did a great job at our wedding. We had tons of people (old and young) saying he was the best DJ they'd ever heard. We felt like making sure we had a great DJ was a priority and I would definitely recommend him.
  • Nel11Nel11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also going with Turner Productions. Steve himself is not doing our wedding (he has to do a bat mitzvah) but I have only heard great things about the company. I agree with PP about being a bit full of himself, but the DJ was a top priority with us and we've only heard great things about him.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I used Showcase Sound (based out of Rochester) for my Syracuse weding ( i didnt like any of the Syracuse DJs), and LOVED them. They were reasonably priced, played exactly what i wanted.... followed the do not play list, and werent cheesy at all! Lisa the owner, DJed my wedding, and was awesome. I highly recommend that you check them out, and at least talk to them!
  • edited December 2011
    We used and loved Showcase Sound out of Rochester. They were very professional, not cheesy at all, stuck to our "do not play" list, etc.They were dressed well and didn't have any banners up with their name on it, etc. (I hate that)I thought their pricing was very reasonable and we dealt directly with the owners.
    imageimageimage
  • RonCourtRonCourt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with sound excursions. I grew up with him and he's been DJing for about 15 years. He's awesome, lively and I am so excited to have him do my wedding! His name is Shaun...he has a lot of local rochester businesses that use him for events as well.
  • rocweddingrocwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Showcase Sound and loved them. They were easy to work with and stuck to our list.
  • edited December 2011
    Go Sound Systems
  • edited December 2011
    We also used Showcase Sound. Ben (one of the owners) DJ'd our wedding and did a fantastic job. Our dance floor was busy until the very end of the reception, they stuck to our do not play list, dressed professionally, didn't advertise and did a beautiful job on our monogram in lights on the dance floor.We also loved their online client area where we were able to set up a list of do not play, try to play and must play songs. They were great! :D
    Lilly & Ryan 7/4/09 --- Lelia Noelle 11/29/10 --- Aerilyn Grace 11/3/12
    imageimageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    we went with spazmanspins out of rochester area.they did a good job at keeping the dance floor full all night.we put together a list of songs using his website planning forms.very courteous and paid attention to our wants and needs.spazmanspins.com
  • edited December 2011
    we're using Go Sound. We love Joelle! So far they have been great. We're using them for our May 29, 2010 wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    What price ranges are you all finding for DJs in Rochester?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards