Michigan-Grand Rapids

Not really wedding realted but need to vent (long)

So my friends are getting married this weekend and I am a Bridesmaid in their wedding.  They had a co-ed Bachelor Party last Saturday and another couple friend of theirs (master & mistress) that happens to live about a half block away from me was there.  I have met them a few times and occasionally talk to his wife.      Skip aheap to 4am that night/Sunday morning - I hear a noise at my window that look out the curtain to see the guy/neighboor trying to break into my bedroom window.   I called the cops, the dogs traced the scent back to his house and arrested him.  He was completely drunk.  After a few nights in jail and a misdemeanor later he is home.     My friends who are getting married feel horrible that he did this and are telling him that he is no longer welcome at their wedding, but his wife and kids will still be there.  I feel like shiit.  

Re: Not really wedding realted but need to vent (long)

• heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this won't make you feel any better, but you have nothing to feel bad about! A man tried to break into your home, and who knows what could have happened? So sorry this happened!
  • Spartan5Spartan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is an extremely awkward situation. I would have done the same thing. Has he tried to apologize or explain at all?
  • racystacey07racystacey07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is so scary!! i just wanted to say, do not get any sort of explanation or have any contact with this guy. he sounds dangerous. besides, is there really anything he can possibly say that would make the situation okay?
  • finalgirlfinalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is a terrible situation!  try to move on from the stress as well as you can.  hopefully his wife and family will keep in line from now on!
    Keep Moving Forward
  • tezricktezrick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spartan - Nope, The detective said he claims that he is innocent.  He doesn't remember a thing from that night so it must not have been him!  
  • Spartan5Spartan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like your friends should be a little relieved he can't come to the wedding if he has a tendency to get black out drunk! (what a creep)
  • cdeshanecdeshane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is creepy. I don't think you are at fault at all and you shouldn't feel bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards