Catholic Weddings
Options

Another Foccus test question

When did you take this? Is it required? We just finished pre-cana and never heard anything about it until a friend mentioned it to me. Does the priest usually give it?
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Another Foccus test question

• Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our priest gave us the test to take separately at home after our first meeting.  Every meeting after that we discussed questions where we disagreed.  I don't know if it's required, but you should ask your priest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some parishes require it as a part of pre-Cana while others don't.  Since the US doesn't have a standardized pre-Cana process, things differ from parish to parish, and even from priest to priest within a parish.  We took ours during our first meeting with the priest.  It's a paper test where you fill out a scantron, so the priest gave us the materials and sat us down to take it.  Our priest is using our results as a way to focus (forgive the pun) our pre-Cana talks on any issues that my FI and I may have.If you didn't do it, your priest must not require it of the couples that he prepares.  It wasn't something that you were just supposed to do; he definitely would have told you if you needed to do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did it!  We took it scantron style during our second meeting with the priest (before pre-cana).  I found it really helpful - highly recommend it.  It was fun to hear the results too.  :-)  we passed!
  • Options
    procowarner15procowarner15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was required as part of our pre-cana, since it wasnt part of yours I dont know of its required. I agree with others, you should ask your priest.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we did not have to do the foccus.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pps that you should check with your priest just to be sure.  We took ours a few months ago since we were required to take it before our Pre Cana, which we will be doing next month.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check with your priest, the FOCCUS was required for us by our diocese and we actually took it with our first meeting with the priest, the results were sent off then handed back to us in a manilla folder and we were told to sit down over dinner, undistracted and discuss our results. Some diocese actually have the FOCCUS as part of their workshop preparations. We did our counseling in one diocese and workshop in another because of where we lived and had moved.
  • Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't be afraid, it's fun and I highly recommend it for younger couples!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards