Nevada-Las Vegas

Dress/Strip Tour Question

I was wondering how you ladies wear/wore your wedding dress if you did a photo strip tour and have a long train. All bustled up so it won't get dirty while walking around in all of those places or just unbustled like that and don't/didn't really care about what happens with the dress? And what worked best for you?

Re: Dress/Strip Tour Question

• edited December 2011
    My dress had a detachable (not sure I spelled that right) train so we carried it along and had it on for some pictures and off for others.  I will tell you though the bottom of my dress was really dirty by the end of the strip tour.  The bottom of the dress became like a brush and picked up all the dirt on the sidewalks.
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did cleaning get out all the stains?
  • edited December 2011
    I kept mine bustled but it still got totally filthy on the bottom.  I think it's inevitable.
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on wearing mine bustled all nite. I know it's going to get dirty on the bottom....but I'm okay with that.
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is floor length with no train, so no worries. It has rouching, and I plan on just lifting it a little as I walk.
  • thrashtobethrashtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know my dress is going to get dirty, but again, im okay with that.
  • edited December 2011
    As obsessive as I am about wearing dirty clothing I may end up getting a 2nd short dress for the reception. I don't want to have to spend the $$, but I am VERY weird about the dirt thing. I'm alkso afraid that i'll look sloppy at the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing our photo tour the day after for a few reasons, worrying about a dirty dress one of them. We don't want to see each other until the ceremony so a pre wedding tour didn't work for us and we didn't want a 2+ hour gap for our guests.Plus, we figure we will be more relaxed the day after and have a bit more fun with it. I even plan on different hair/make up to give the tour pics a different look
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do a strip tour but we walked from Flamingo across to Caesars than over to Planet Hollywood later in the evening.  I had it bustled as well but the bottom (underside!) was filthy and I could have cared less... didn't see it until it was off later, doubt anyone else noticed either.   :)  
  • edited December 2011
    Amazingly enough my drycleaner back at home got all the dirt off the bottom of my dress.  I actually expected it to get dirty but was amazed at how dirty it got.  We had an at home reception after we came back and the cleaners had my dress looking better than the day of the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm going to wear the bustle but i'm sure it'll get dirty (like everyone else says above).  i don't really care though. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm currently on the hunt for a second dress (tea length) because I'm getting married on New Year's Eve and it'll be crazy.  We are doing our strip photo tour on Jan 2nd to avoid such a crazy big crowd so I'd like my long dress to stay nice for that.  I will only wear the long dress for the ceremony and reception then change into the short dress for the rest of the night. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards