Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Do we need a cake?

My fiance and I are going to elope. It will be just the two of us. We are having a reception when we return from our honeymoon and we'll do the whole cake thing then. Do we need a cake for the day of the ceremony?

Re: Do we need a cake?

• mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I woulnd't think you need a cake for the ceremony. A deliciously chocolate dessert for two w/ champagne after- yes.  Save the cake for the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Chocolate covered strawberries & champagne would be awesome! :)
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you want cake then do it. If not then don't. I like the champagne and chocolate cover strawberries!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We "eloped" for our legal ceremony, but it was all planned out.  We had a "cake" for our Pagan Cakes and Ale ritual, but we used home made gingerbread, because that's what we used for our handfasting the year prior, as it was done on Yule.  We also used Meade for our ale (that's where the term honeymoon comes from--from honey meade. ) 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards