• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2009 Weddings

post-wedding blues?

So after my shower this past weekend I got a bit bummed, I was sad it was over. These are the types of events that you wait your whole life for! It was an amazing day and I was sad when it was here and gone in a flash. I am now even more worried that I will suffer post-wedding blues. Part of me is really excited to get back to normal  but I know part of me will be sad its done......make sense?

Re: post-wedding blues?

• Totally. I am worried about that too.
  • Of course!  It is totally normal too!
  • My friends and family keep asking me what I am going to do with myself after the wedding, I have spent the last 2 years planning it! I'm worried about being sad its over, but I think I'll be relieved of all the pressure that is off me. And my BM has promised to let me plan her wedding for her in all my spare time! :)
  • For the FI's, and non-planners, this is not a major thing. But you put your whole heart, soul and countless hours into something and then it ends, it's sad. It becomes an entity. Totally normal.
  • I decided that I'm really going to throw myself into the holidays this year. That way, I won't have to deal with post-wedding sadness too much...atleast not until January. THen, I have no idea what I'll do.
  • I dont know what Im going to do at work after the wedding :/
  • I second Katy! Well, really, work is slow right now because its the summer. It will pick back up in the fall/winter - just in time for the wedding events to be done! Seriously though, I'd like to devote more time to studying, and I'm hoping that our condo doesn't sell until AFTER the wedding, because I REALLY don't want to be looking for a house, working, going to school, and planning a wedding all at once. I think I'll go crazy if that happens.
  • I think about this too! I have been engaged for 2 years and 1 month (by October 24th). I spent the last 2 years finishing grad school part-time and working my a** off at a new job!  After the wedding, I will have graduated, become comfortable in my job and gotten married!  What do I do next? I'm not good at letting grass grow. I'll probably end up switching jobs or getting my PhD or having kids!
  • I totally get you. My first one is this Saturday and there is a part of me that doesn't want it to get here...for the fact that it will then be over with.
  • Don't worry, you're not alone! I worry about this too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards