South Asian Weddings

Pics from my wedding

My photographer has a few pics up on her blog.  It generally loads slowly -- slower than most blogs -- but if you're patient and refresh if it gets stuck ... you can see pics of me and my new husband. :)http://jennifer.lovelifeimages.net/2009/08/megan-and-hashim-a-mixture-of-cultures-at-the-mandarin-oriental.htmlThere aren't as many pics of the wedding details there as I had hoped, but you can see some of those in this short video clip.  I'm making a horrible face in one clip, so try to ignore that:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_E8-Uz3eAE

Re: Pics from my wedding

• edited December 2011
    awwwwww your pics made me tear up!! so beautiful. cant wait to go home and see the you tube clip!
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures!!  You looked beautiful!  I love the one of you two on the escalator.  Congrats again!
  • SmithaandMikeSmithaandMike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I love the pics, I like the ones of your feet! I will have to tell my photog to take one like that!
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE your pictures!!!   What a great photographer.  Awesome first pic!  Your mehendi is gorgeous!  Looks like the dress turned out perfectly!  Adore the wheat in the bouquet!  Totally jealous of your bangles!  Even your tears work perfectly with everything!  :)  SOOO glad it all paid off!!
  • edited December 2011
    SOOOO beautiful! I love these pics! You two look so happy and beautiful! My dad's also a farmer, by the way, and for a second I thought of stealing your bouquet idea, until I realized that my florist would MURDER me if I changed things so close.
  • edited December 2011
    These pictures are just incredible, WDC!  Seriously.  There is so much emotion and just plain gorgeousness going on.  I love the shot of you and your dad dancing and I absolutely adore the picture of you and your husband seeing each other for the first time.  Just lovely!
  • edited December 2011
    You looked absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing your pictures. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the compliments everyone.  We are very happy so far.  I definitely recommend our photographer to all the DC ladies -- she was so unobtrusive and easy to work with, and after my research I thought she couldn't be beat for a photojournalist who actually uses color.I like all of these so much that I keep changing my mind about my favorite.  Currently, I think it's the one with us kissing on the long bench, or the one of me dancing fast with my dad.Sistergh, you should totally call your florist and change your mind.  I'm so thrilled with my bouquet, it was my favorite part of my wedding (after Hashim of course) and made me feel really grounded in my own "culture", especially when I was in my sari and wearing henna, etc.  And it meant a-lot-a-lot-a-lot to my dad and grandpa.  (Also, my dad's bout had wheat in it, and we used sunflowers and wheat in the ceremony set-up.)
  • edited December 2011
    Amazing pictures -- thanks for sharing! Everything looked gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Megan!  I love the bouquet, and the photbooth pics were cute.  I want to see a pic of the famous kiss! 
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, everything looks gorgeous and everyone looks sooo happy!  I love the way your mehndi turned out. 
  • edited December 2011
    Your pictures and wedding were sooo beautiful.  Your wedding pictures are now an inspiration for me.  My wedding is only ten days away and I keep trying to imagine how I will meld my midwest farming culture with my fiance's South Asian heritage in an Islamic ceremony.  I've bee searching all day for pictures of brides with mehndi in white western dresses.  Thanks sooo much.
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous pics! You look beautiful in them.  I love the pic of your feet and the wheat!  I also loved that you had a prayer room for your guests.  That's such a special and amazing touch.  Are those Ferrero Rochers for the guest name cards?  Um... YUM!  I could totally envision myself eating FI's Ferrero Rocher if we were guests.  That is unless he ate mine first ;)
  • erin&andyerin&andy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, girl.  Your wedding was STUNNING!  I love the details - when I saw the bouquet with the wheat in it I had to smile because I remember you talking about those details and it just came together so perfectly!  I loved the henna on your feet - it was beautiful and your white dress was just so pretty!  Also, I'm so jealous because you are the prettiest crier ever! (I know that sounds weird, but every time I cry I look awful and my face gets all red, but you just looked so pretty even while crying)
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's so true, erin!!  moviestar crying!  very impressive  :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards