Outdoor Weddings

grass stains

Hi, I am new to this board (just found it). I was wondering if the conversation has ever come up about grass stains on the bottom of the train. We are doing outside wedding inside reception. My train is a little longer than I had hoped for, but I fell in love with the dress. So what do we do to avoid grass/dirt stains on the dress? I can't really afford to spend a fortune on an aisle runner and we are moving around during the ceremony so i won't be on the aisle runner the entire time anyway. Any suggestions?

Re: grass stains

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2010
    I don't think you'll get grass stains unless your train is SO heavy that it's going to really push down and rub on the grass.  We did pictures in the grass and I don't even think my dress got dirty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, I agree with pp.  I didn't have any grass stains on my dress at all.  I was actually quite surprised that my dress wasn't dirty on the bottom.  I had more stains from the bouquet rubbing against the front of my bodice.  Go figure.
  • Yep, no grass stains here either. It rained pretty hard that night, so I had some water stains that I had to get out, but they came clean so I could resell my dress. I wouldn't worry about it. I'd rather have a stain on the bottom of my train than a trip on an aisle runner when I walk down the aisle. :)
  • I had an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception.  My dress got minimally dirty from being outside for pictures and the ceremony, but it was on the underside of the train so who cares? My dress continued to get waaay more dirty at the reception hall.  (It still touched the floor slightly because it was bustled for heels but I kicked those off early as they were killing my feet!)

I did, however, get someone's muddy footprint on the train during the receiving line.  Shout wipes made it reasonable for the rest of the night, and having it professionally cleaned after the wedding made it so that I couldn't see the dirt at all. 

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks everyoneSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards