New York-Long Island

Wedding Ceremony Location

Hello everyone! Can anyone recommend wedding ceremony locations? I am having trouble searching and finding any online that are not churches, etc. Thank you in advance for any help!

Re: Wedding Ceremony Location

• edited December 2011
    If you're not having it in a church, what about your reception hall? Or maybe an outdoor location? What are you looking for exactly?
  • Diana&JoshDiana&Josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception hall does have it, but I wanted to try to have it somewhere else if possible. I am Catholic and he is Jewish. We would look into outdoor places, chapels, and other indoor places that could have a ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the same situation - I'm Jewish, he's Catholic. We are getting married AND having our reception at the Venetian Yacht Club in Babylon. Many reception halls can and will accommodate you.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm it's proving very difficult to find anything. Where is your reception being held? If you want an outdoor ceremony, I'd start by looking into parks nearby your reception hall. Start here: http://www.longisland.com/parks/If you're looking for an indoor ceremony, I'd google non-denominatial (sp?) chapels near your hall or even ask the people at your hall if they have any recommendations though they'll probably just suggest their own fine establishment.May I ask why you'd like to have it at another location? Just curious! =)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to try to have it somewhere else, so that we did not have to see each other for pictures before the wedding. We are having it at the Bayview House at Captain Bill's. It is wonderful and we can have the ceremony there if we would like. We would end up missing a lot of the cocktail hour if we took pictures after the wedding at the reception hall. I was looking at some of the parks, but I am concerned about rain.
  • scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a similar situation. We are both Catholic but my FI is divorced so we can't get married in my church. We are having both the ceremony and the reception at Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst. I was also a little concerned about seeing each other for pictures before the ceremony, but we don't really want to miss our entire cocktail hour. Plus I figure, we already live together, what's the big deal really? The photogs will get the moment we see each other for the first time on film and video either way, that's really all we care about.  If the outdoor ceremony area at your reception venue is nice, you should consider it, it would probably be a lot less work for you. Plus, most places have an indoor chapel as well in case there is bad weather. If you choose to do it in a park or some place like that, what would you do if it rained? Just some things to think about... GL!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
       Makes sense. Maybe talk to the venue and see if t+hey; have 2 different places for you to take pictures pre-ceremony?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for everybodys feedback!
  • edited December 2011
    Old Field Vineyards, southold, has both waterviews and vineyards
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards