California-Los Angeles

DJ

Does anyone have any recommendations for a DJ in the LA Area?  What's the average price you have been quoted?  Thanks!

Re: DJ

• malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one and only Tom Chandler!  A total Knottie fave (contact info. in wedding bio). He charged us $1200 to do the ceremony and reception music.
  • edited December 2011
    We have NOT booked our DJ yet, but so far I've found John Suarez from After Dark Entertainment. He quoted us $850 ceremony, reception, and basic lighting. He is very responsive and always responds to your emails or phone calls. He is very popular on the boards and has wonderful reviews. The only reason we haven't booked him is because we are just double cking others to make sure he is the best price, but to be honest I'm only holding on doing so cux FI asked me to.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also looking for a DJ and I hear so much about Tom Chandler. What does the $1200 include? How does Tom stand out from everyone else? I'm so curious because I hear so much about him! TIA!!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Luis Castro, which was recommended to me by my DOC, Cristina Molina. He is charging us $800 for 6 hrs. with basic sound and lighting. He is in the LA area and is very responsive when it comes to phone calls or emails. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Does John Suarez have a website? And is he bilingual (Spanish/English)?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes he is bilingual (spanish/english). his website is http://www.afterdarkentertainment.biz/ Also, the DJ Vans recommended is very nice as well was recommended by me by Christina Molina our DOC but unfortunately he didn't offer me the same deal he offered Vans :( but you should send him an email n just ck what price he offers you.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We also booked Tom Chandler (haven't used him yet) and our price is $825, because it is just for the reception with basic lighting as well. We don't need him for the ceremony or cocktail hour. So his price is definitely less than 1200 if you don't need him for as long, I don't know what you are looking for! He was very personable when we met him, and others have said that he does a great job keeping control of things without being the least bit cheesy.
  • Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Elegance Elgegancia they are biliingual too. they seemed to just catch my eye the most. and when booking them I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about the music. there very professionel and super nice this is there website. I really like there dj booth section it really gives you a fell for themhttp://www.eleganceelegancia.com/index.html
  • malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we used Tom for ALL our music. Pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He showed up at around 3:30pm for set up and was there until around 11:30pm. He will definitely charge you less if you need him for less stuff. I wrote up a vendor review for Tom in my married bio. Basically, he keeps the dance floor hopping. He knows how to read the dance floor and will alter the music accordingly to make sure people are having a great time. My friends and family danced the night away, and we had such a blast. He has a '0' cheeseball factor. He controls the mic and makes sure things run smoothly ie. speeches, garter and bouquet toss, and cake cutting. He times the music perfectly, and he will make sure that people do not jump on the mic if they aren't supposed to :-) Love him!
  • edited December 2011
    We booked with Tom as well and he is charging the same price he charged for Malibu. Fiance was really suprised when we met with him just how organized he seemed. He only requires a $100 deposit to hold the date so worst case scenario you find someone else you like you're only out a little bit of money. Many knotties have recommended him and for the price I feel he can't be beat. The $1150-$1200 included set up for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception as well as basic lighting. Ceremony is outdoors/reception indoors.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Choco82282Choco82282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards