Iowa-Des Moines

wedding date offense

I just recently became engaged.  Since we have been dating for over 5 years, I had ideas in mind already for our wedding, one being my wedding date.  I spoke with my dying Grandmother some time back about her wedding date with my Grandpa.  I wanted to be married on their anniversary since they were both very important in my life, and my Grandpa passed away just two days after sending out invites to what would have been their 50th anniversary.  That date (which I set) is October 9.  Since next year October 9th lands on a Saturday, I thought it was perfect!  Just a few weeks before receiving my ring, I ran into an acquaintance.  She informed me her wedding was October 9 of next year.  I mentioned to her if my boyfriend were to get me a ring by that time, that was the same date I had in mind for my wedding bc of my grandparents.  Just last weekend, she texted me with some terrible words of her distain bc of my date choice.  I didn't figure it would be a problem since we aren't close friends nor would we share really any wedding guests.  In fact, I thought it would be kind of neat to share the same anniversary with someone.  I informed of the reasoning by my date choice being nothing to do with her, but because my grandparents meant so much to me.  She followed up with saying in txt: Just bc ur moms marriages didnt work doesnt mean ur gparents date wont make urs work-    Don't you think that's a little harsh considering we're not sharing any of the same guests?  I am just completely taken back that a person could be so mean...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: wedding date offense

• jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is pretty horrible...someone needs to graduate from junior high.  Sorry my dear...I know it must hurt since you are friends with the girl, but there are things that happen in life that make some friendships not make sense...maybe this is a sign that this friendship should be over.  Keep in good spirits, don't let her ruin your fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • missyisheremissyishere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks- If it was someone I knew well, of course I wouldn't have the same date.  Like I said, we wouldn't even have the same wedding guests, so it's really no inconvenience to her.  I just write it off as her being a bridezilla...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately...how are the wedding plans coming?  And checks recently?
  • missyisheremissyishere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the ceremony venue booked, the reception is tentatively booked, looking at dresses since Sarah's is having their huge clearance sale this weekend, and the dj is booked.  All the details I have to wait for my budget...
  • edited December 2011
    I say f*ck her. Just forget all about her. You have an amazing reason to get married on that day, she is just being self centered.
  • edited December 2011
    I say ditto to both yall's posts...Goodness...Congratulations on your engagement and your wedding date of October 9th...mom2one is right, the meaing is all the right reasons...if she don't like it, really she can change her date :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Don't take it to heart. She's just one of those crazy, biitchy bridezillas who think they own a certain day for their SPECIAL DAY!!11!!!
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I am going to Sarah's Blowout Sale tomorrow right at 8:00am with Nancy...I'm on the hunt for a nice photo book, maybe a garter, and some small gifts for some of the ladies. I think everything is 50% off...Christine told me today that that includes a lot of stuff!! For those of you wondering what we are talking about, in Mount Pleasant, Sarah's Bridal Gallery is having a huge sale this Friday and Saturday starting both days at 8:00am. On most bridal accessories in the store, bridesmaid's dresses some wedding dresses, prom dresses and all her boutique items, shoes, clothing, purses, jewelry, etc. I'm looking forward to it...she's got a lot of great stuff!!
  • edited December 2011
    She is blowing it out of proportion. She is an aquaintance, so with no joint guests or family members, it should not be a big deal... strange. I am sorry she is making you feel bad. I say keep you date and continue to enjoy your planning. Don't let it affect your day or your time leading up to that!! Forget about her.
  • erinnhahnerinnhahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all these posting, be the bigger person and just don't worry about what she is saying, you are entitled to your own day and we all know it isn't just you and her getting married on that day, there are a million other people getting married on that day too.  I thought getting married on Nov 7th would be a unique day, who would want to get married in November ?!?! Apparently everyone, seems like everyone is getting married on the 7th but no reason to freak out about it.  Just the way it is and it doesn't bother me!
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it. She looks like a fool and a bridezilla. People get crazy about weddings - and worry about the small stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards