Texas-San Antonio

YAY and Question! (kinda long)

We booked our caterer, sent in the deposit and signed the contract!!!  We're going with Anne Marie's.  I've been working with Matt and he has been AMAZING!  Very nice, great customer service, and delicious food!I met with Erin (Eden's Echo) this past weekend and absolutely loved her, as everyone else has said.  I got the quote yesterday and it's not cheap, but I think we're going to go for it.  She had so many ideas and a great personality.  My mom loved her, too!Met with Budget Bridal and was not impressed.  I just didn't like the girl I met with.  Not sure what it was...  My mom was astonished because the girl had her boobs hangin' out for the consultation.  Haha!I've now done 4 cake tastings and can't decide.  Definitely eliminated The Cake Shop, though.  Horribly dry vanilla and carrot cake.  Who's ever eaten a dry carrot cake?  I know I haven't!So now on to my question.....I think I read a long time ago about somebody using Azure Linens.  Were you satisfied with them?  They are the cheapest I've found so far and my mom is going to go look at their selection for me since I'm not in SA.  Okay, thanks for letting me share my excitement!  Finally checking things off my list!

Re: YAY and Question! (kinda long)

• edited December 2011
    Oh!  And we have the reheasal dinner taken care of!  We're going to do a super casual dinner at my mom's neighborhood clubhouse that we reserved on Monday and FI's uncle is going to do all the BBQing.  He loves cooking for big groups and is awesome at it!  :)
  • marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, congrats on your checks! Out of curiousity, which vendors are you still considering for your cake? Maybe we can give you some more feedback. As for Azure Linens, I haven't had any experience with them. I am using Affordable Linens and I am very satisfied w/ the price and quality. I have pictures of my linen selection in my bio (under DIY). They weren't the cheapest but definitely not the most expensive. I think they were $30/table for table linen, accent pinktuck linen, chair cover and satin sache for 10 chairs. The price is a bit cheaper if your tables only have 8 chairs. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, the two that are kind of equal in my mind right now are Simply Charming Cakes and Cakes by Jennifer Schott.  Jennifer used to work with Patty Taylor (who is a family friend) at Patty's Cakes, but she has now closed.  They are about the same price, too.  I still want to try The Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery.  I tried to get an appointment, but both weekends I was in town they were completely booked. 
  • edited December 2011
    The Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery ... I like their cakes but I got a little irked with them in June. I had called a month ahead to make an appointment with them because my FI would be in town to help with some planning while job hunting. They called me half way into June to tell me that the day I had picked was not an option because the one person that handles their tastings was going to be out of town. They also told me they had found out right after I had made the appointment with them in May but didn't call me until now. So when I asked if there would be a chance later that week they said that they were booked up. Nice. Needless to say I'm not going to be rescheduling with them. Good luck in finding a cake person. I'm still looking.Btw sorry to hear about Budget Bridal. I didn't have the experience you did. I wonder if they have more people working with them now.
  • edited December 2011
    Erin is great! You will not be disappointed if you go with her.As for cakes, I used Seventh Heaven Cakes and was really happy. She was the only one who jumped at the chance to make a 3D groom's cake and it turned out really well. The cakes were delicious too!Of the vendors you are already considering, I had a tasting with Simply Charming and was very unimpressed. The cake was dry and stale and only gave me a 1/2 bite of 1 flavor of cake to try. All she wanted to do was talk about cost and didn't even give me a chance to say what I wanted. She was a no for me before even I got out the door.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love, love Michelle from Seventh Heaven. She is really sweet and makes a very tasty, moist cake. She also gives you huge hunks of cake at your tasting.Speaking of which, I need to pick out what our flavors will be!~Julie
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend the watergate cake from Seventh Heaven. Its pistachio, which sounds odd, but it is sooo good! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it is kind of a toss up between the watergate and the chocolate cream cheese pound cake. Nom!(Sorry to hijack to talk about cake flavors!)
  • edited December 2011
    Becca! I would suggest Sweet Traditions for a cake. Linda is extremely accommodating and offers a wide selection of cake for you and your FI to try at the tasting. Also, she isn't pricey and her cakes are delicious and moist. I've also heard bad things about budget bridal. I wanted to look into them for floral arrangements but after I've heard some of the knotties having bad experiences, made me think twice. Congrats on your checks though! :)
  • marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am using Lynda with Sweet Traditions. We are having two different flavors: italian cream and almond. They are both so good!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  I'll have to look into them!  Only problem is I don't know when I can make it to town next.  :(  I've really been wishing I wasn't 3 hours away lately!
  • edited December 2011
    Becca!! Hey girl!! I noticed you were looking for cake suggestions....The lady who did my cake was amazing!! Creations Cakes....it is in Pleasanton but I would say well worth the drive to meet with her!! The cakes were amazing looking and tasted great at my wedding!! We got so many compliments!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards