Pennsylvania

Question of the day 8/26/09

How did you meet FH/DH?Mike and I met in 2005. My company had a golf simulator at the time and Mike traveled hours to come use it. After his session he kind of “hung around” the front desk chit chatting with me. I think he was nervous to ask for my number so I wrote down my messenger screen name on a business card. We chatted a lot online and eventually went out to dinner, and the rest is history!
"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
Updated Bio
E-mail Me!

Re: Question of the day 8/26/09

• edited December 2011
    FI and I are one of the successes of internet dating. We started talking online in March 2006 but didn't actually meet until Late May of that year. He came to my house and we walked to a baseball game. I even had my friend prepare to call me after 2 hours in case it was a bad date. I texted that friend an hour into it that he didn't need to call. After the game he asked if he could call again, I said yes and he's been calling since!
  • edited December 2011
    We were both freshmen at the same college and lived in the same dorm. I saw him walking around campus and decided to follow him. he went into the campus poster sale and bought a poster for the band "the who". i then promptly went to my dorm room, door open, and played my The Who record on my turntable on repeat so that when he walked by we could have a casual conversation of "hey, i love this song" etc.. it totally worked. turns out we had 5 out of 6 of the same classes that semester too, so i guess my plan didn't matter much. but we started dating by the first week of classes.
  • edited December 2011
    We are also an online dating success story!! We met up went out to dinner and the rest is history. Our first date was December 6, 2004 and he met my whole family on New Years Eve at a party at my mom's. He called me again after that .. lol I knew he was a keeper. Never thought I would meet the love of my life online... but I did!
  • edited December 2011
    Tee...That's great you are a online success. I must admit I was embarrassed to say we met online for about a year until I realized it wasn't as strange as I thought to meet your significant other online. We met on match and to this day we "argue" about who "winked" first. I still say he did. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Another online sucess story here! We both belonged to an Atkins support group online and began talking through that. Started out just as support for each other for diet and exercise stuff, but then decided to meet for coffee. That first cup of coffee lasted 3 hours, and was 6 years ago. We've been together ever since! I never thought I'd meet the love of my life online, and since I was planning on never getting married being here on the Knot talking about how we met is a little surreal. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Technically -  we could also be considered an online success story. DH found our golf simulator through an online listing ;)
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    My story is kinda long... I met my fiance, Freddy, at a party almost 2 years ago now. I was living in Pittsburgh with my then boyfriend. Freddy worked with my ex's - friend's - wife. He was the only one that talked to me at the party while my ex left me to go hang out with his friends. We had a blast, we really clicked, talked and hung out all night. Of course it wasn't anything romantic but we were friends. After the party we only saw each other once at another get together and talked on the phone a few times. Then we lost touch. In September I broke up with my ex, packed, and left Pittsburgh for good. I hated everything and never wanted to go back! In January I got a call from Freddy wishing Ryan and I a Happy New Year. I informed Freddy that if he wanted to speak with Ryan he would have to call him himself. I told him that we had broken up, I quit my job and moved home. I even told him how much I never wanted to see Pittsburgh ever again. After that we talked all the time. He came to visit me at the end of January. We had our 1st date and I fell in love. Then in May he asked me to marry him. If you ask him he will tell you he knew he would be with me from the moment I walked into the party... All I know is never say never... I'll probably be moving back to Pittsburgh after the wedding.
    ~*Megan*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • starzoarstarzoar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I graduated college in western PA in 2005 and worked as a corrections officer for a year out there.  I then put in applications in MD, VA, DE, and Eastern PA.  The first place that called me was my current place of employment...I could have went anywhere...didn't really care because my family is so spread out.  I came here and met my fiance at work.  We started out as friends.  A group of us would get together every Sunday to watch football games at a local bar.  And we just starting hanging out more and more after that.  We bought a house last May and got engaged in November.
  • edited December 2011
    We met through the most unreliable way to meet ever - we were set up on a blind date. I had moved to Albany after grad school to work as a social worker at school for children with special needs because my boyfriend at the time was there. Of course, we broke up and my supervisor was talking to her friend (my FI, Frank's, co-worker) about the situation and how she was concerned I would move back to PA and she would have to hire a new social worker. My supervisor thought that if she could find me another boyfriend I would be less likely to move home, so even though she had never met Frank and his colleague had never met me, but they decided that we would be perfect for one another based on their conversation. My supervisor gave Frank my phone number and we began talking in December 2006. We decided to meet in person in January and after a 9 hour long first date we knew we had found something special.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards