Wedding Etiquette Forum

Payday wooot!

I have been so busy here at work I literally forgot it was pay day. I checked my balance and it was way more then expected because I have been working so much over time. Any one have any good plans for their paycheck?I kind of want to splurge on some shoes, or a trip to Home Goods, or some shoes...

Re: Payday wooot!

• I don't get paid until next Friday. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't get excited for my paychecks anymore. I just know that they have to go to my mortgage and bills. :-(
  • I forgot it was payday once to. What a great surprise! A portion of my money this wk will be going to a girls night out on saturday-can't wait:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • No splurging for me. All my money goes under my mattress these days.
  • We're going to our hometowns so, I guess our cheques will go towards that.  Chances are we'll go out on the town.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Salt, do you do the every two week thing? I HATED that. I felt like I was never getting paid and then my money would jsut go out the window.
  • I'm not getting paid until September 15. I hate being a grad student/indentured servant.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Yep, I'm every 2 weeks. I have only had like 1 job ever that paid me weekly. God that was such a wonderful thing. I actually had a job once that paid me twice a month. So it wasn't quite like every two weeks and it was very annoying.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wait.  Mandy.  You're coming North this weekend?  Really?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I get paid every 2 weeks and it is payday for me too. But it all goes right back out to bills. :(
  • We get paid next week. Not very excited because of TS Ana and Hurricane Bill I lost a weeks worth of work.  No work, no pay. So next weeks will not be very big. I've been working for 25 years and have always gotten paid every 2 weeks.  I really do not know any different.  My dad use to get paid once a month. Now that would suck.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm also every two weeks, every other Friday.  The nice thing is that FI is on opposite Fridays from me, so we have a payday every week between the two of us.  But all of our money goes to the wedding and bills.  I'd love a new pair of shoes.  
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • I'm taking my FI to the State Fair for his bday, we'll probably stay two nights so thats what I'm saving my money for next week. The Hillbilly Convention! Luckily I only have to pay for 1 admission (him) score! Well atleast on the friday.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Lynda- once a month? ugh... I def don't have that kind of will power. Sarah - what are oyu in grad school for? I just graduated last year from grad school... I will never forget how rich I felt when my loans came in. And then I wasn't... hahaThese Tory Burch flats are calling my nameeee.....[img]http://tinyurl.com/m8s827[/img] I mean, I need good flats for running around work right? RIGHT?
  • I get paid every two weeks and it sucks. Mine right now is going to bills, we spent a lot of money last week so now we are making up for it.
  • Meaghan...the shoes are cute...if you come here you can do both, DSW and Home Goods are in the same shopping center!!! :)
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • Lynda- once a month? ugh... I def don't have that kind of will power.Yep... We would get our allowance once a month also, so we had to learn how to budget.  We had to pay our school lunches with our allowance also.  So if we did not have any money at the end of the month you didn't get lunch.We would do a huge shopping trip at the first of the month (like 4 carts loads) and then only picked up small items like milk, bread, etc through out the month).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I get paid once a month. Hard to get used to at first but easier to deal with in the long run. This month I get a permanent raise...well it feels like one anyway! No more daycare. My son enters middle school! Yeah! 'Course half of the monthly savings on daycare has to pay for his braces! But I am still ahead!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Payin bills Wahhhhooo!! :| I am putting some money into a savings account for christmas too, gotta start my shopping soon.
  • Sarah - what are you in grad school for? I just graduated last year from grad school... I will never forget how rich I felt when my loans came in. And then I wasn't... hahaArt history. Writing my dissertation on Civil War monuments. So basically, I'm spending years of my life getting a degree so that I can be the smartest hobo sitting around the trashcan fire.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • my plans include forking over 2000 more hard earned dollars to my venue. laaaame.
  • I just got paid Monday and had to pay bills.  If anyone wants to buy me some shoes, I'd appreciate it.  I am a size 5, and the sluttier the better.
  • I found out that Paychex didn't have the right state tax codes for us and now with switching to ADP, they do. So my paycheck is now $20 less because the correct taxes are coming out. Boo. But at least I won't owe money at the end of the year.We are switching from Paychex to ADP right now, I hope that doesn't happen to me! I would be totally bummed.  20 bucks is 20 bucks right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sarah I think that is completely fascinating! My grad school was in something equally as obsure, American Religious History and the Public Ethic sooooooooooo I hear ya! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards