Wisconsin

Bachlorette Party!!

Hello Ladies- I am looking for some ideas for a weekend away for a bachlorette party. We are from chicago so are not familer with WI , we are looking at late April or early May. ANy ideas would be great!! Thanks!

Re: Bachlorette Party!!

• toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on what you want to do! You could spend the weekend in Milwaukee (you could stay at the Iron Horse which is cool and hip) or the Intercontinental which is downtown...and there are lots of great bars/restaurants/lounges/clubs...or you could do a spa weekend in Kohler, or a relaxing girls time in Door County which is really pretty. I guess it depends on if you want more of a city vibe, or if you want to be away with just you and the girls and a bunch of wine!!
  • TangerineChicTangerineChic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brewers game :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Milwaukee you could do a booze cruise for $20 per person some drinks and food included. You could go bar hopping- I recommend Old World 3rd St (Near State St) or North Avenue. Walkers Point can be good for dancing if you're cool with gay bars. f you're into sports pp is right about a brewers game, nice and affordable. You can usually hop on a free shuttle to the game from any number of nearby bars on Bluemound Ave.
  • edited December 2011
    Hotel Metro has a new rooftop bar that is really cool. Blush class in Milwaukee offers pole dancing (never gone there but done it before and it is a blast)I really like Paddy's pub, good people, outdoor patio, free chex mix and m&m's for a casual drink before dinnerI love Swig for martinis and small plate diningMilwaukee Street has a couple of clubs, although they are more low key than ChicagoI really like Exclusiva salon for a pampering day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oooh... there are so many ideas/great ideas, but if you could give us additional information it would help. are you looking for a party weekend, or a relax/chill weekend? (ex: bars and clubs versus spa/pampering) for heading out to bars, are you looking for crazy-college-ish bars, or a more relaxed but fun vibe? or all of the above? (there are bachelorette-y places, piano bars, champagne bars, dance places, lounges... its hard to recommend places without some guidance) if you're looking downtown Milwaukee... are you flexible with cabbing places? or do you want a hotel central to everything so you're group can walk? and, what about day trips? (cederburg winery, miss pole dancing classes, hiking, camping, spa trips) my picks would be 1) Iron horse hotel, with dinner at Swig (small plates), champagne at Cuvee, and probably end up dancing at LeCage (mostly gay dance club with great music) 2) Hotel Metro, dinner at Sake Tumi (sushi), wine/chocolate at Indulge, dancing at Kennedee's (not a true-dance club) or maybe even Victors if we were feeling adventurous (more typical bachelorette place) 3) If I was ten years younger.... cheapest hotel i could find downtown, dinner at Bucca's, Lucille's piano bar, dancing at whatever the new dance club is on Old World Third Street.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to a bachelorette party next weekend in the Wisconsin Dells.  I'm not exactly sure what is on tap yet, but I know there is a water park there and bars around town, so I'm sure it will be quite different from previous bachelorette parties that I've attended (piano bar in downtown milwaukee, bars, etc.).  We are renting out this room at the Kalahari: http://www.kalahariresorts.com/wi/rooms/entertainmentkondo/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Dinner you could do International Tapas at La Merenda....then martinis at Iron Horse...then dancing at La Cage.....Or....other fun/yummy dinner spots....The Good Life, Cubinitas, Cempazuchi(on Brady Street which has some fun bars too...like Hi Hat). If you want to be fantsy pants for a drink, you could go to Blu. I also second the Cuvee idea...very nice, but sometimes closed for weddings....it is a great spot for smaller weddings!
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh... I forgot my super favorite place for dancing. Joe Cats on Brady. Lots of 80s/90s fun dance music. Always sweaty and packed and smoky... I always lose my voice there from singing my heart out. Great late night food (Jimmy Johns, Hot Dog stand) just across the street And, for dinner around there Balzac is great. I love love love Bosley, but maybe more upscale than a typical bachelorette.
  • edited December 2011
    We just did my FSILs bachelorette party in Milwaukee.  We went out for dinner at the Milwaukee Ale House.  After that, we then had a private party at the Tool Shed, which is an adult toy store.  We had a great time!!  Then, we headed out to some bars.  Buckhead's has a variety of bachelorette party options that range from free to $200. We spent the night at the Hilton downtown. That allowed us to be able to use cabs all night long to allow everyone to drink without having to worry about driving.
    On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards