New York-Long Island

Photgrapher Costs??? Whats the average?

What is the average budget everyone is paying for their photographer? I am getting married on LI but live in FL and dont have a lot of time to sit down with a bunch of photographers, whats the average price range you ladies are seeing? I had budgeted about $2500 is that feasible?

Re: Photgrapher Costs??? Whats the average?

• stina11stina11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photog is costing us about $3,500 and we are also going with a videog from the same place for $1,700. The actual package we picked was $2,800 but I upgraded a lot of things such as I went digital, special pages for the wedding album, extra parent books. We also had a lot of upgrades for free. I think my price is totallly worth all we are getting.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in LI and live in FL too:-) I'm paying $3000 & got my album (coffee table one) 2 parent albums, bridal party photos, extra photos for gma's, dads, etc., thank you cards, pic for me in a frame, engagement shoot, proofs...the photogra. is great too) whatever pkg you decide to go with - bargain with them - they will!!! good luck!
  • scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying just about $4,000. $2,500 for photography and $1,500 for videography from the same place. I think if you find a good vendor who is willing to work with you $2,500 is very feasible. Good luck! 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi All! WOW those are some great deals....would you mind passing along the vendor information so I can inquire?? Thanks so much ladies :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'd say on average, for just photography, it would be around $3500 for a decent package, though if you don't want albums, engagement session, or any extras, it will probably cost you less.
  • edited December 2011
       We booked with  Duet and got a package for about $3300.    We got albums for us and our parents included in that.
  • scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Patken in Lindenhurst. We are getting a pretty standard package with e-pics, an album, all different size portraits and thank yous. We are not getting parent albums, but we are getting portraits for our parents and extra portraits for ourselves in their place. They are really great there and were willing to work within our budget. So far I am really happy with them.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Big John from ADA Photography. Let me know if you want his #
  • stina11stina11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Anthony in seldon from ADA studios he is really nice and works with whatever package you like
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, please! All phone numbers and contact info would be appreciated...thankssss
  • edited December 2011
    Big John - tell him Lynn from FLA gave you his #! 631-294-2448 that's his cell. he's great!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    thank you SO much ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards