Georgia-Atlanta

I think I found my invitations!!

My mom found this invite on Etsy, and I love it! It is the invite with the orange flourish on ivory cardstock with a pink background. I will have the orange flourish be lighter to match the tangerine color, and have a chocolate background instead of pink! Let me know what y'all think! http://tinyurl.com/n73ovj

Re: I think I found my invitations!!

• ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like those!  I think the flourishes (is that the plural form?) on the sides are much more interesting and detailed than a lot of the ones you see.  These will look great in your colors!
  • edited December 2011
    Those are so pretty! Love them!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Those are really beautiful!
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • askmetostayaskmetostay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pretty! but i'm impressed you're spending more than $1k on invites....$155 for 50 is steep to me!
  • edited December 2011
    oh, ouch...I didn't look at the price.  That is spendy.
    www.focushunting.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not spending 1k. I only need 150 invites. I am spending about 500 in invites.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just remembered you mentioned something about a 400+ guest list! they're really pretty....but if you wanted to DIY, you could probably do it for less than $3 each....but i know sometimes saving money isn't as important as just getting it done!
  • edited December 2011
    I did think about DIY, but how would I get the flourish design? I could have the invites printed at a local printing shop I suppose. The $5 per set is awesome I think. For $5 I get the invite, envelope seal, the RSVP card, and a map card/Thank You card. Postage for sending the invite sets to me is also included in the $5. Could I make all that for cheaper than $5?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think you could. they sell flourishes on i-stock photo, and sometimes you can find paintshop brushes for free.but i spend $400 on shoes, and $65 on invites.
  • edited December 2011
    I do have a 400+ guest list, but I only need 150 invitations. I have a lot of families on the list with 4-6 people average per family I would guess. It seems lopsided to me, but I counted three times! I guess I just have a weird guest list. Should the STD match the invite, or is it ok if they don't have the same design on them? This is the STD I am liking at the moment. http://tinyurl.com/n7724w
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your save the dates can be anything. and some people don't do them at all. you can use them as a preview of sorts, of the vibe of your wedding...which is what we did. but you can also have something totally different.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your help Hayley!
  • edited December 2011
    [quote]but i spend $400 on shoes, and $65 on invites.[/quote]lol!I don't think your STDs have to match your invites.  Just make them something you love.
    www.focushunting.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards