Illinois-Chicago

Ron White/Studio RW Photography

Has anyone heard of Ron White or Studio RW photography?  I got an email from theknot sponsor and it seems a little suspicious.  Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it.  Thanks!

Re: Ron White/Studio RW Photography

• brendemubrendemu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Chicago but having my wedding in Atlanta.  I got the same offer from The Knot about Ron White.  We spoke with him tonight, and he seems to be the real deal.  There are a lot of testimonials on his site including one from a Chicago bride.  I'm sure he'd give you her phone number if you wanted to discuss his photography with someone who's actually used him as their photographer.  We are booking him tomorrow!  I'm very impressed!
  • edited December 2011
    We spoke with him last night and he seemed very excited about our wedding.  He seems like the real deal.  We thought the contract he sent us was rather unprofessional.  Some of it didn't make sense.  He sent us an email asking us to return the contract as soon as possible. We were at work and well we do have lives.  We told him we were going to look it over tonight and fax it.  He seemed kind of terse and said to hurry before someone else books it.  I am getting a little nervous about the guy.  Don't know what to think.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know.  Seems a little fishy to me. They sent me their info and I never heard from them again.  When something seems too good to be true it usually is.  We decided to go with a company that is very reputable.  At the very least I would check with better business bureau. 
  • edited December 2011
    I researched StudioRW and contacted Nigel Barker.  They told me that Ron White did do the photography for Nigel Barker's wedding.  StudioRW seems to be a very good deal and his photography top notch. We couldn't find anything negative about him anywhere on the web.  We booked him are are very excited about having him be part of our wedding.
  • khoran8khoran8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ron and Dillian did our 9/19/09 wedding and he did an AMAZING job.  He is such a busy man and therefore it is hard to get in touch with him sometimes throughout the year, but he is very good at keeping up communication closer to the event and so great with the vision.  He has a great portfolio and when you meet him-- he is SO nice-- very much southern hospitality.  Ours is the featured 'Horan' wedding on his website www.ronwhitephotography.com if you have any other questions or would like to talk to me personally you can reach me at kathryn.horan@gmail.com.  We booked the 'knot' special and were a little hesitant that we were walking in a 'too good to be true' situation as well.  But I can assure you-- he is worth it :).
  • karen3051karen3051 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am getting married in November and am using Ron White.  I was also a bit suspicious but he has been excellent with getting back to me and making me feel comfortable eventhough we have not yet met.  I don't feel there is any reason to be leary... Good Luck~ Karen
  • marciaasalasmarciaasalas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Ron and his team for our June 5, 2010 wedding, and had similar experiences with all his hospitalitiy, decent communication via phone as the day approached, But once we actually met him and worked with him a few red flags popped up... he was constantly running late to meet us to go to the rehersal dinner and the actual wedding site (as you are responsible for all his transportation), he wouldn't pick up his cell phone or the hotel room phone, and the reason he gave was because he turned his phone off when he was on the "job". I forgave him for that as it looked that he was getting great shots, but now nearly a year and a half later I am still waiting for my wedding albums...I met his 60 day deadline to get the album layout to him but it has been a nightmare communicating with his team. I believe everyone in the office has access to his email which has caused such nightmares regarding editing of the albums, changes getting lost, etc. My album edits have been passed around to at least 3 people. I finally approved the "final" edits in September (nearly a year into the process) and was told my albums would be sent to print in early November. Then a week ago I get an email from Ron saying he has a "proposition" to give me better albums (I paid nearly $2000 for upgrades in albums and to get additional copies of the same grade album made for our parents as well) which basically look like albums you can order online. I declined this "upgrade" offer and now my album going to print has been delayed by another 3 weeks.
    I was also told that the wedding video he provided would be "HD" in quality but the quality is that of a regular camcorder.
    I won't keep listing all the problems we've had post wedding...but I would be wary about taking this knot offer. Yes, it is hard to find negative reviews of him online, but with a lot of digging you will find some...it is a little fishy that the only reviews you find are actually on his site...who would post bad reviews of themselves on their own site?
    If anyone wants to contact me feel free to do so.
  • AMAZING!!! That is the one word I could use to describe my experience with Ron, Dylan, and Woody from Studio RW!! They photographed my wedding on Feb. 4th in Charleston, SC. They were professional, skilled, knowledgeable, informative, have an incredible eye for beautiful shots, and unique perception, all wrapped up in a hometown personality that makes you feel like they're family! And the pictures.....they just make you loose your breath!! I consider myself lucky to have had them! It's been over 2 weeks since my wedding and my family is still raving about these guys! Greatest decision I'd made regarding the entire wedding!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards