DC

*Lyss5782* Re: Bag Fee

cbm3228cbm3228 member
First Comment
This is common with hotels.  I got married at the Reston Hyatt and they tried to do the same thing.  If you push back on them i would say 99% of them will cave and do it for free.   I have had about 6 friends (including myself) get that fee waived just by asking.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: *Lyss5782* Re: Bag Fee

• edited December 2011
    I'm just chiming in, I don't know what the previous post was about, but agree with cbm--I truly believe they put these clauses in to see if they can get away with charging it.  9 times out of 10, you just mention you don't agree with it and they take it out.  Worked with me last year. And literally just worked today for my good friend in Boston whose hotel tried to charge her for bags.  She called and they took it out of the contract. My motto was to always remember I was the client and they were getting MY business, not the other way around.  The worst they could say was no, but you should at least try!
  • edited December 2011
    Also OT, but I read down below about how your FI got down on one knee and opened the box and said nothing and you said "do you have something to ask me?" That is EXACTLY what happened to me too!  LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    haha im a good bargainer...i was fully planning on trying to talk my way out of that fee...and getting everyones input helped (bc i can say, "such and such hotel has no fee...") and about the proposal...siiighhh...everything ELSE was romantic about it!!! :)  im glad im not the only one!
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I actually think him not asking is one of the funniest parts of the proposal!  And trust me, I waited almost 11 years for that proposal, I made him ask!  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    oh me too!!!  i was like, "uhhh have something to ask me?"...and got a, "you know...will you marry me?"
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards