• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2010 Weddings

LA Venue Help

Hi all, I just got engaged over this summer, and even though I knew it was going to happen, I was still incredibly surprised. I really dont want a long engagement because I just want to be married to my man!! We won't have a lot of money to spend on our wedding, and I don't really care about it being big and grand, but I DO really want beautiful aesthetics for that day (and I am quite picky!). Most important will probably just be the venue--I've always wanted it to be outside overlooking something, preferably the ocean, but even a rooftop location overlooking the city would be nice as long as the view is very pretty. I would also like to have the wedding and reception at the same location. The wedding will be small--around 50 if we can make it, DEFINITELY under 100. If anyone has suggestions for venues that sound something like this and are inexpensive (or how I could go about finding or searching for sites like this--the knot venue selection definitely didnt meet the "inexpensive" criteria), that would be INCREDIBLY helpful! FYI we are aiming for next August....

Re: LA Venue Help

• I would definitely go to your local board. You'll get more recs from there.
  • We are actually getting married on a yatch in Newport harbor. The name of the compnay is Electra Cruises. They are amazing. They have several boats and then can do weddings of all sizes and it is an amazing location. Plus they work with brides of all kinds of different budgets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards