Nevada-Las Vegas

Photos in Bellagio

I've heard that Bellagio is not friendly with professional photo taking. I have Todd for a strip tour which will also incompass groups photos. We are thinking about staying at the Flamingo with our guests (everyone seems to want a cheap alternative). Personally, I like a nicer room so I suggested that we book another room for our wedding night - something like a Bellagio lakeview room - which I have always wanted to stay in. If we are guests of the hotel do you think that would make a difference in them allowing us to take photos? Is that something I should arrange ahead of time. I assume there are some great photo op locations inside Bellagio? Anyone have photos there?

Re: Photos in Bellagio

• edited December 2011
    I didn't personally take pictures there, but I swear 90% of the time I go to Bellagio there is a bridal party taking pictures in the lobby (under the glass flowers), conservatory, or out on a patio somewhere in front of the fountains. I don't think there would be a huge problem whether you were staying there or not. I would ask todd where the best spots are. We left locations up to him at the hotels we were at for the ceremony and reception, and he knew some great locations. I think the only shot we didn't get that we really wanted was the long shot down a craps table, and that's because the venetian/palazzo pit bosses were being jerks every time we asked.
  • edited December 2011
    We took some pics there with Todd and didn't have any problems. We didn't go in the conservatory though and we didn't bring a big group of folks with us either. I don't know what the official policy is, but I think if you're quick and unobtrusive (and you promise yourself that you won't let it upset you if you do get asked to leave) then you can probably just do your thing without special arrangements.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't make any special arrangements, just be in and out like Diane suggested.  As for nicer room... you can get a fountain room view at the Flamingo, just ask them.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    My sister was married there and the photographer walked them all over and I didn't even really notice security. We even stopped and took her picture at a giant slot machine on the way to the chappel and no one said anything to us. I think as long as you make it quick and don't stop anywhere too long they wouldn't bother you. I don't remember the photographer wearing anything that even identified them with the hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at and staying at the Bellgaio.  I was told they do not allow any outside photographers on site and they will be asked to leave the premises.  I have booked a strip tour with John Morris Photography and he also told me that he has had problems in the past with Bellagio.  I don't think it matters if you are staying there or not, unless you are using their photographers you will be asked to leave.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmmm.....after coming across a photographers board where they are discussing Bellagio it seems the issue comes down to Bellagio wanting people to use their internal photograper service and it won't matter if we are guests or not. I would be horrified to be kicked off the property. The last story just happened in June. And these were just bride/groom no group shots. I'm planning on the Vegas sign for a few group shots but would also like some other ideas -where we won't be thrown out of. I'm probably talking 24 guests. I guess that is the problem of bringing everyone on the strip tour - it draws alot of attention.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Venetian is a beautiful place to have pictures done!
  • edited December 2011
    You can always have outside of the Bellagio in front of the fountains. I know it's not the same as inside but it's something. Like JennB said all the times I have gone to visit I always see people taking pictures in there.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for location ideas, I have the locations of most of my Strip tour pics labeled in my bio. I think my favorite shots were from Mandalay Bay's Valley of the Falls and the Vevas sign, but really there are tons of options. Also Todd can probably make some suggestions on the day of the wedding. Mandalay Bay was actually his idea but it turned out to be one of the best. Good luck! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Great photos! Thanks for the Mandalay Bay idea. I like those very much. We've never been there so wouldn't have thought of it. Plus isn't it down towards the sign? That would be handy for the group shots. Anyone have a bad experience shooting at Mandalay or are they pretty friendly towards photographers.
  • edited December 2011
    We took about 2 hours worth of pics at Mandalay this past weekend, since that was our ceremony site and I wanted to stay on the premises beforehand. Todd took us to the Valley of Falls, took pics in lobbies, and snapped pictures throughout the hallway as we walked from place to place and to get the the chapel. Nobody said a thing and a few employees actually wished us good luck.
  • thrashtobethrashtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    marilynfan, im getting married in october, i want to do a few stops on my strip tour. i will know more when i get back.if bellagio kick me off their property, thats where i have my wedding meal, i wont go there for my meal. i will cancel and go somewhere else.i dont know what wrongs with brides going around different  hotel its only like tourists taking loads of photos. if they kick the brides off their property they would have to kick out the tourists too. beacuse we are bride tourists!
  • edited December 2011
    Yup Mandalay Bay is very close to the sign so that will be convenient. We didn't have problems with security anywhere ourselves, but I haven't heard of anyone having problems at Mandalay Bay. I will say that most important thing is to have fun and not stress too much if something is closed or you're you're not allowed to shoot somewhere. I am certain Todd can find you a great alternate location if anything happens at your first choice location.
  • edited December 2011
    We took several photos with Todd inside and outside of the Bellagio.  We shot for about a 20 minutes with security near by and had no issues.  We were asked to leave once we started moving furniture...oops.  We only moved a bench a little bit and they were fine with it at first, then we kind of pushed our luck.  Security knows who the Internal photogs are and Todd is well known, but if you are discreet (and don't move furniture) you should be fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We had no issues at all with having our picture taken in and out of Bellagio and we used Todd as well.
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are stopping at Mandalay Bay after I saw Diane's bio and asked my photog if it would be a problem since we have now switched from staying at MB to PH. She said there shouldn't be any problem at all.I think I'd like to do the Venetian as well with the gondolas in the background. It looks great. We will do some photos at PH and probably Paris since it is next door. We will do the Vegas sign for sure.I haven't asked about Bellagio...we'll see how our tour goes for the stops we do.
  • hansenladyhansenlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have any problems shooting at the Bellagio. The only place that we were kicked out of was the Wynn. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards