Not Engaged Yet
Options

Sleep Stuff...

So, I can't sleep, I'm nervous because I have a follow up interview for a job tomorrow. This is stupid because that's something I should probably be alert for.Anyway, I'm laying in bed and bf is asleep next to me. Sometimes he talks in his sleep and tonight happens to be one of those nights. I feel really bad though because, while it's really funny to listen to, he sounds like he's directing the guy who drives the fork lift where he works and it isn't going well because the guy doesn't understand English. I'm not sure if I should try to wake him up to spare him the frustration because that would run the risk of him actually waking up and not being able to fall asleep. I think I'll just let him sleep and hope he doesn't remember the dream in the morning. There is nothing worse than dreaming about work and then have to get up and go there.Do any of your bf/fi do anything weird in their sleep?
image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sleep Stuff...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    He also snores like crazy, this awful gigantic echo noise, but that stops if nudge him. I have no place to talk though, I snore, talk in my sleep, cry in my sleep and on a rare occasion, sleep walk. My mom keeps telling me that'll all settle down when I have kids, I think I'll keep that on hold just the same.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bf talks in his sleep and on occasion I can actually have a conversation with him! It's really funny since I usually have no idea what we're talking about!I also talk and walk in my sleep but the most annoying thing is that I will be sitting up in bed talking and moving and I tend to hit the bf in the process...In response to your mom saying that it will stop when you settle down and have kids, my mom still talks and occasionally sleep walks...so I hope it stops for you but I'm not feeling too confident for me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MamaKinMamaKin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i hope you didn't wake him up to "spare him frustration", that would have been dumb.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BF gets "jumpy" before falling into a deep sleep. Like right as he starts to doze off he'll start with twitching arms or legs. Haven't ever gotten hit by it though, lol. Not totally sure the reason for it, but it is sometimes a little funny. He doesn't realize it at all when I mention it to him. He will occassionally snore, but he doesn't believe me on that note at all, haha. oh, and good luck on your job interview!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BF was in marching band in high school and college (trumpet) and now marches in his sleep.  I find it kind of endearing when I'm already awake, not so much when his marching wakes me up.  He snores on occasion, but I've never heard him talking.  I, on the other hand, have entire conversations with him in my sleep.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and Geaux, I do the jumpy thing right before I fall asleep.  I'll be right on the verge of falling asleep and my whole body will start twitching, like 2 or 3 big twitches, and then I'm asleep.  I'm almost always awake enough to acknowledge the twitching though.  I've always thought it was strange, but was never curious enough to do any research on what caused it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BF talks in his sleep occasionally, and if he has to get up early for something, like to catch a plane or for an interview, he'll be so worried about sleeping through his alarm that he's up (though still actually asleep) at some absurd time like 2am brushing his teeth and starting to get dressed. I typically then have to talk him back into bed systematically like "put down the toothbrush, turn off the light, get back in bed, go to sleep". Of course then I typically can't fall back asleep.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Two or three times in the two and a half years I've lived with him, my FI has screamed in his sleep. Like, full-blast, sit straight up and just AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!I wake up and get all freaked out, and he just lays down again and is still asleep. He's also been known to sit up, wake me up, and start talking gibberish to me. Then lay down and sleep again. And he doesn't remember it.I also do the muscle-jerk thing as I fall asleep. It usually scares him if he's dozing off, so I guess we're almost even. I think the screaming is worse, though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BF and our dog will literally snore in unison. I'll wake up and hear them snoring off and on, and then all the sudden - dead silence - and then....::SSNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:: Ahhh, the lovely little bits of homelife...lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My BF has a sleep apnea machine that he puts on before bed, and he will sometimes take it off while he's sleeping, and he will wake me up like the sky is crashing down with his snoring, so I have to wake him up to put it back on. It makes me crazy sometimes. lolI however, have a tendency to flail randomly in my sleep, and if he tries to wake me up when I'm in a deep sleep, he has to take a quick step back because I tend to punch (I developed this charming aptitude as a child thanks to my younger brother...lol).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BF gets twitchy as he's falling asleep. Some nights it's worse than others. He also grinds his teeth - which I know is a bad thing, but he doesn't seem to care. He has this whole little mouth moving/breathing/teeth grinding ritual he seems to do every time he rolls over. Generally though, he's very quiet...doesn't talk, doesn't snore. It's nice!
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards