Missouri-Kansas City

ceremony and reception sites

Hello Ladies:

I am helping a friend plan her wedding, she would like somewhere like Hawthorne House or the Loretto but she would like one that doesn't have all the vendor limitations, as she already has vendors that she would like to use. I heard about the one in Paola or Ottawa but that is too far of a drive. Is there anywhere else in town like these places?

TIA

Re: ceremony and reception sites

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of vendor limitations do they have?

Is she wanting it to be for the ceremony AND the reception or just the reception?

I'd look into the Pavillion and Sawyer Room.

• edited December 2011

I've been to the place in Paola and it is very nice but it is about a 30 minute drive from Olathe so if you have guests coming from further north it would be even longer, there also weren't any hotels (that I noticed) in town but the space is beautiful.

I would check with the Town Pavilion (that's who I'm using) and she has been very flexible about vendors.
    HTH

• edited December 2011
    Has she looked at Club 1000? It's downtown KC.
  • edited December 2011
    The Mission Theatre
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jenjen - did you use Mission Theater? It has become my dream venue since I've seen pictures, etc - if you did, what was your experience?
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • edited December 2011
    Steph, not yet, I'm getting married on June 27th.

• KhallaLilyKhallaLily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sory I've benen MIA...Thanks for all of the recs...she needs both ceremony and reception. She want to stay as close to the downtown, maybe Overland park area as possible, since she has a TON of OOT guests coming in. I'll have her check into the places that you have listed. And Jen, I'll keep an eye out for your "vendor review" on the theater.

Thanks again.
  • KhallaLilyKhallaLily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Hammy's girl....her future in laws are great firends with someone who owns a resturant and they want to use them as the caterer. And she already has a DJ & a minister who are a good friends and aren't charging her. And Hawthorne House wants you to use ALL of their vendors, and the Loretto has a list of prefered caterers and her caterer isn't on their list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards