Maine

Rope

Another random question for you all....Our reception is in Portland so we have had sort of a "rope" theme going on - on our invitations, etc.I'm looking for some dark blue rope, about 3/8 of an inch thick, to tie the napkins with.  Believe it or not, this feels like an impossible thing to find.  Anyone have any ideas on some stores in Portland that might have this or online (at a cost effective price)?Thanks so much!

Re: Rope

• edited December 2011
    My first thought was also a boating supply store.  I bet they'd have more of a bright blue, than a dark blue, though. 
  • edited December 2011
    Some boating rope tends to look and feel a little more plasticy, which may not be what you're going for. Could you spray paint white rope the color you want?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What about a store that sells curtains or fabric? They usually have braided tie-backs (in fact, I've seen them in Big Lots, even).The only other thought I had was to buy some navy blue yarn and make braided rope yourself. But that's a bit labor-intensive...Good luck!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards