Georgia-Atlanta

Your Opinion - Wedding and Reception Venues Listed

Ladies,We are trying to decide on a location for the wedding.  For all of my fellow budget wedding brides, we have found a number of places that have no site fees (and only require a food minimum)!  We'll tour places on Saturday.Do anyone of you have any feedback on these locations?Windemere Country Club - Cumming, GAFlat Creek Country Club - Peachtree City, GAWhitewater Creek Country Club - Fayetteville, GAEmory Conference Center Hotel - Atlanta, GA

Re: Your Opinion - Wedding and Reception Venues Listed

• evareneeevarenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at Emory, it was beautiful.You may want to page ReadytobeMrsB on the nest board she got married at one of the Country clubs.
  • padiserenepadiserene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emory Conference Center Hotel ALL THE WAY!!!!I was married June 13th and we had our reception and home base at Emory.  Everything was fantastic!The food was amazing, the location is amazing and the staff were incredible.  Our experience there was perfect.  We searched high and low before settling on Emory and it really made our wedding perfect. You can check out my photos:www.sharizellers.com/bensonprzygockiand video:www.moonrizestudios.com/przygockiYou'll get a peek into what things were like.  If you'd like I can give you the link to my pro-photo site so you can see more extensively what Emory is like.  We spent the night in the suite before the wedding, the girls got ready in the suite in the morning and the guys got ready in one of the groomsmen's room.   Emory was kind of homebase for the wedding so all the out of town guests stayed there as well.  After the reception, a lot of the guests gathered in the lobby and on the grounds to just hang out.  The next morning we also hosted a farewell breakfast.  Feel free to e-mail me if you have any specific questions. padiserene@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    Emory! I checked them out while planning and it was really between them and my current venue. At the time I was planning, they mentioned building some new ballrooms and renovations so its probably even better than before. They were professional and courteous and the rates were excellent.  
  • Danigirl259Danigirl259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. I havent been on here in forever....just peeped in to look at some stuff and saw that you were looking at some venues in my neck of the woods. We looked at WCC but we are looking at 150-200 guest and the way they seat them on the back deck I didnt like. We were going to look at FCC but they are also a Canongate Club so I knew the price would be about the same and then we found our venue for about half the price. Are you from around here. We looked at tons of places so I can let you know. We decided on Dunaway Gardens in Newnan. Its wonderful!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies,You guys are absolutely phenomenal!!Thank you so much for the recommendations!  We will see Emory, along with the others on Saturday.How was Uli? She seems great so far.Also, Danigirl259, I would love to hear about more venues.  I can't figure out how to look at your post (I'm new here) but I will email you directly if your email address is there.  If not, please, please feel free to recommend other places.  I'd love that.  We are looking at having a plated dinner reception for approximately 50, and a garden ceremony.  Thanks to everyone!!!
  • padiserenepadiserene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uli was great!  If she is out, her assistant Jessica is super helpful as well.  The day of the wedding Uli totally bent over backwards for us as we had a LOT going on.  She and her staff were awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! It's totally looking more and more like Emory.  I like Uli's personality (just from having spoken with her over the telephone) and think that we'll work together well.  Thanks again everyone for the feedback!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Windermere and couldn’t be happier with their service thus far.  Jennifer is very quick to reply to all of my emails and phone calls.  One thing I really like is that they are giving us a lot of free reign to do what we want as far as décor is concerned.  We have not had our formal tasting yet, that is next weekend, but I have had their food before and it’s phenomenal.  I have seen the setup of other weddings there and they do an incredible job with that as well.  There have been several other girls on this board who have gotten married there that are now nesties and all had great reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Tinysbride2be, I love the outdoor area on the pics on the website.  Do you know if they have speakers or a sound system that will allow music to be played outside?  Also, we are flirting with the idea of using our IPOD for our reception music.  The facility looks very modern.  Do you know if they have the setup for IPOD use? (Not sure exactly what would be required).    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards